Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.torquenews.com/1574/2016-honda-hr-v-drive-and-ride-experienced-8-minute-video

"In this 8 minute HR-V video-drive review, we discover a surprisingly mid-size-coupe-like refined cabin, superior seating, visually pleasing design aspects, and much more pedal than we anticipated from this 1.8 Liter gasoline engined, CVT motivated all-wheel-drive subcompact crossover. Then we take HR-V and drive it under various road and surface conditions. Well done Honda!"

·
Registered
751 Posts
Great Review !
As I posted in the other thread, I have to disagree that it's a great review. It's a mildly interesting video by a true-blue Honda fan, with no balance or objectivity. See something like the Alex on Autos review if you want thorough.

He also likes it, by the way, but with eyes wide open.

http://youtu.be/OMFb43JnPCc

P.s. Alex also includes some much better driving video, of both CVT and manual.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Yes That Video By Alex really shows The Manual Off, Which is what I really want. Rowing Your own Gears Is Truly becoming an Extinct Option. I dont understand why they could not offer that with the AWD option. They would totally dominate this segment imho.
Lots of people have been asking that question from the beginning . There was a lot of disappointment in not having the cool, hands on, traditional,experience of a manual off road.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yes, and what really blows me away is a company like Mazda, the zoom zoom guys, not offering a manual at all on the CX-3. I do believe they (and we, the stick-rowers) are a dying breed.
Don't blame the car companies. Supply and demand. Erratic throttle openings make emission control more difficult.

I always preferred a manual for my first 35 years of driving, They were faster, more economical, and cheaper.

Still cheaper.

·
Registered
751 Posts
True enough... trying to meet cafe and emissions standards when everyone still wants big SUVs means lots of complex engineering and programming. Better to eliminate annoying unpredictable humans from the equation wherever possible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.