Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a 2016 Honda HRV Ex, I've done the mod to add apple carplay using the CRV headunit. Its was pretty simple and plug and play. Now I'm trading the HRV and put back the original radio. I wanted to see if anyone wants to buy the radio which adds apple carplay and keeps all of the original equipment. This will only work on 2016-2018 HRV Ex and higher trims. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2016 HRV EX (Canadian model). I’m pretty sure the factory head unit is the same a the US model. Is it just a matter of plugging this CRV head unit into the existing connector. Is there any updating required or is it good to go? This sounds like a great way of retaining the factory features.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Send me a picture of your current radio. The software is already upgraded to be latest update which enables carplay. I will also send it with the piano glossy black bezel which fits nice and flush with the dashboard. It's literally just connecting it, entering the radio code(which I will provide) and everything should work like factory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve attached a couple of photos of the head unit. I’m not too familiar with this forum, but if we can work out a deal, is there a way of private messaging to discuss payment and shipping etc. I’m in Canada, so it is a bit more complicated. Thanks! 5DB07E31-15A4-43EC-A7CD-03068B44A009.jpeg 2353936C-59E4-401D-B20D-D5BA7634C773.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have a 2016 Honda HRV Ex, I've done the mod to add apple carplay using the CRV headunit. Its was pretty simple and plug and play. Now I'm trading the HRV and put back the original radio. I wanted to see if anyone wants to buy the radio which adds apple carplay and keeps all of the original equipment. This will only work on 2016-2018 HRV Ex and higher trims. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks!

Do you happen to have the model number of that head unit? I have a 2017 EX that I want to upgrade with that head unit.

Any quirks with that install?

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts