Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I owned a 2016 Honda HR-V EX. I bought this car when it first came out in Canada October of 2015. Have not had any issue on this car until a week ago that I started hearing a strange noise on morning start-up. The noise happened only during morning start-up or when the car is off for a few hours. The noise is coming on the engine. After few minutes (2 to 3 minutes the noise is gone) no check engine can be notice. I have been looking online since yesterday and I found this topic on forums in UK. It is mentioned that the culprit is the VCT valve or VTC valve. Had anyone had this issue? Your response will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have not heard anything really different when starting other than the groaning sound when in -30 degree Celsius temp. I will pay attention.

Starting a vehicle may cause rattling / vibration from something else - I say this because earlier I discovered that the plastic screws that hold plastic shield under the oil pan broke leaving the shield to hang. Just another thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts