Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
https://naumanfarooq.wordpress.com/2...t-like-a-mutt/

Another review for us Canadians, that still can't actually see the thing.
They say Canadians typically like smaller vehicles, that are more fuel efficient, like the Europeans, so I agree with him this will be popular here.
From the article:
Now pay attention, because what is being featured here today might just be the most important new vehicle to go on sale in Canada this year.

OK, let’s go back to the opening point, why do I think the HR-V is the most important vehicle to go on sale in Canada this year? Because, after spending a day driving it, I came to the conclusion that this is exactly all the vehicle most Canadians would ever need.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Loved the article but the conclusion is incorrect. It's not entirely wrong though, as I think that it is everything a small family with two or fewer children would need, but of course, there are those of us with more.

I think that it will cover a huge number of niches though in a very one-size fits all kind of way though, so in that way you're dead on. Good stuff

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Great review! Loved the conclusion:

"In my mind, the HR-V makes the most sense for those looking for a family vehicle, and certainly something Civic sedan buyers should look into when they go to a Honda showroom."

And it offer MORE Rear room than the CRV ~ What's not to love?

They say Canadians typically like smaller vehicles, that are more fuel efficient, like the Europeans, so I agree with him this will be popular here.
From the article:
Now pay attention, because what is being featured here today might just be the most important new vehicle to go on sale in Canada this year.

OK, let’s go back to the opening point, why do I think the HR-V is the most important vehicle to go on sale in Canada this year? Because, after spending a day driving it, I came to the conclusion that this is exactly all the vehicle most Canadians would ever need.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Loved the article but the conclusion is incorrect. It's not entirely wrong though, as I think that it is everything a small family with two or fewer children would need, but of course, there are those of us with more.

I think that it will cover a huge number of niches though in a very one-size fits all kind of way though, so in that way you're dead on. Good stuff
I personally would not recommend this vehicle for a family of 5 or more.
Sitting 3 in the back for long trips I don't think would be great (again this is still sight unseen)

"all the vehicle most Canadians would ever need"
I don't know if I would tell him he's wrong.

Please excuse these numbers out of thin air as a plausible example.
10% need a truck for hauling
10% need more hauling capacity (minivan)
10% need 6 or more seats
10% need 5 seats all the time
60% need 1-4 seats full time and some hauling (HR-V)

·
Registered
751 Posts
In a world obsessed with bigger, his statement "all most will need" sounds almost ludicrous... but I heartily agree. As ddemetra demonstrates, "most" doesn't mean 99% either, just a majority. The average family size in Canada was 1.9 in 2011 (statscan), and by the time those 1.9 kids are big enough to find the back seat confining they're not likely to be taking long road trips with the folks. In general.

Back in the day, my folks would routinely load 4 of us kids in the Corvair, fill the homemade car-top carrier with camping gear, and head off for weeks at a time. Dad made a wooden filler for the back seat to give us a big flat play / nap area, we'd take turns climbing over the seat for a spell up front (sometimes two at a time) while Dad drove for hours straight. He even made an extension for the gas pedal so he could rest his foot on the transmission hump, which worked great until it got stuck under the brake pedal while Mom was driving down the old Allison Pass descent... but that's another story. And no, we're not really the Clampetts we sound like...

Not to say any of that was smart or I'd recommend it, but it's quite possible to get by with less space than most demand. And only if your family, cargo, dogs or whatever fit comfortably... the HRV won't work for everybody.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
It should be just a couple more weeks for the Canadian folks.....get ready! The fun is about to begin! :nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd:

From the article:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts