Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most often I keep my key FOB in my car at night and keep my headlight setting on Auto. Twice in the last few weeks, I have come into my garage in the morning with my headlights and tail lights on/ illuminated. There have been 4 times in the last couple of days where I have had my keys in the house with the car in the garage and my alarm goes off. It seems that when my keys are in the car, this doesn't happen. The other strange thing that happened today is that I drove my car a short distance, turned it off and a few seconds later, a bunch of lights on my dashboard flickered on and of quickly.

Anyone have ideas on what is going on? I have about 110,000 miles on this car. The starter was replaced a few months ago. Transmission was replaced almost a year ago. I don't need another major fix.

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
271 Posts
At least you have a garage. Some Hondas (CR-Vs) have been found with the windows down overnight. Usually when it rains. :oops: <---Murphy's Law

+++++++

I'd be replacing the batteries in your FOBs. Also, have the condition of the main car battery checked, too (LOAD TEST). Low voltage can turn on things unexpectedly and intermittently.

Some owners advocate replacing the battery every 3 - 4 years, just to avoid issues.

Reactions: John35g
1 - 2 of 2 Posts