Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have both the 2016 HRV EXL AWD (had it for 8 months) and 2016 Civic Touring (had it for 3 months, but mostly used by my son). I am still not sure which one I like more.

One thing I miss on the Civic are the paddle shifters.

I am thinking about buying another car/SUV, my wife needs a replacement for her old SUV. I am also waiting to see the 2017 HRV before I decide between a new Civic or an HRV.
My brother just bought a 2016 Touring. I'll post up a quick comparison in a bit.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'm killing time at the Honda dealership where we bought the HR-V last year, waiting for oil change and right rear shock inspection, so I decided to sit in a new Civic in the showroom. I'm surprised that I haven't seen any comments that the new Civic has virtually the same center console design (with USB port under the console), and that the seats are nearly identical to those in the HR-V, both areas that some have complained about with the HR-V.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think the op already got an HRV grats on it. I had a civic and the utility wasnt there, bottom out on driveways bad road dips and so on. Your not going to win any races in a civic so you might as well get the more useful and in my opinion better looking car. Even if the civic was a fast car where could you open it up in traffic these days, one reason i traded my previous thirsty WRX.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I'm replacing my 1996 Civic HX in the next month or 2, the under body is too rusted.
As I already have the HR-V for towing, camping, ski racks, I"m willing to get a more aerodynamic car that's better on gas.
(My son keeps saying I should buy a second HR-V!)

I still like functionality, so I"m looking at the 2017 Civic Hatchback.
Read some good articles on the Turbo, highly rated.
And car reviews are all rated high as well.

Anyone out there have thumbs up or down on the 2017 Civic hatch ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm replacing my 1996 Civic HX in the next month or 2, the under body is too rusted.
As I already have the HR-V for towing, camping, ski racks, I"m willing to get a more aerodynamic car that's better on gas.
(My son keeps saying I should buy a second HR-V!)

I still like functionality, so I"m looking at the 2017 Civic Hatchback.
Read some good articles on the Turbo, highly rated.
And car reviews are all rated high as well.

Anyone out there have thumbs up or down on the 2017 Civic hatch ?
My friend just got a 17 Civic Hatch. I don't have any direct comments from him but he seems to love it. He used to have a 2001 Subaru WRX but the engine blew on him.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2016 HRV EX L and currently driving a dealer loaner 2017 Civic LX (i think). Pros on Civic- its much more fun to drive & very zippy. Radio & A/C controls are easier to control while driving. Cons- really bad blind spots, sits low & interior isn't as nice. ..Now im curious how the hatchback is... :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had some time with the EX-T civic:

- Ride is much smoother than the HR-V
- Acceleration is a lot better
- Carplay is amazing (I would not even bother with HondaLink)
- Trunk is large, but obviously not as flexible as the HR-V
- Rear space is good, but not as spacious as the HR-V

It really just comes down to whether or not you want a sedan or CUV. The Civic is a great car.
Or all wheel drive a huge plus in inclement weather. Hrv ride is awesome and quiet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My problem - my 2008 Civic was a LX-SR, meaning it was mid-range with sunroof. It also had aluminum wheels, 4 disc brakes, variable speed intermittent wipers and manual transmission. Short of the new electronics and cameras, it was perfect. As one gets older the car becomes too low.

Unless I were to pay close to $30,000 for all of what I described, except the manual transmission, I would be going with 2018 Civic.

Then this 2016 HR-V came along and having everything I described above including manual transmission plus push-button start and the price was only $22,000. How could I not pass it up.

I do love the Civic, my needs and body have changed and the HR-V has come on top.

I shot myself in the foot when I found the perfect civic for 2008 and did not want to settle for anything less.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts