Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HR-V release signals a record roll-out streak for American Honda Motors

http://www.torquenews.com/1574/2016...-record-roll-out-streak-american-honda-motors

As we head out the door for Cincinnati, Ohio, eager to drive and review the next generation Honda Pilot, it occurs to us that we’re within 3 or 4 days of Honda’s specification and price announcement of what we and others in the automotive press believe to be Honda’s next big sales success; 2016 HR-V.
We can tell you this without breaching the walls of Honda’s press embargo. When released to the buying public sometime in mid May, 2016 Honda HR-V, CUV will be like no other sub-compact SUV or CUV on the market today. We’ve seen it, we’ve driven it, we like it!

Sharing platforms with Honda’s segment leader 2015 Fit, HR-V brings to the entry crossover market the interior utility and volume of Fit, while injecting more than just a bit of coupe-like styling; Civic derived power; and optional all-wheel-drive, something you won’t find optioned on Fit in North America.
Torque News has previewed 2016 HR-V at length, so won’t bore you here with greater detail until Thursday April 30. Be pre-warned, you’ll be pleasantly surprised and more than possibly delighted with Honda’s MSRP announcement. Astounding!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Grain of salt...

In a February article, Torque News predicted a range of $20,000 to $28,500.

Then at the end of the month, the actual price range was given to them by Honda. Honda told them to keep their mouth shut about it until April 30th.

But, shortly afterwards, in a subsequent article Torque did reveal it was pretty close to their original above prediction.

I'm sticking with the $20,000 - $26,000 line everybody is giving us. Obviously, those who will be "pleasantly surprised" will be...ahem...those who thought the high end trim would be $28,500.

My only question is whether the destination charge is included in the $20,000-$26,000 quote.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think your price range is accurate of $20,000-$26,000. ;) it may go slightly higher but there's no reason why I would expect this vehicle to be starting below $20,000 given what it is and given what it's competing against.

Grain of salt...

In a February article, Torque News predicted a range of $20,000 to $28,500.

Then at the end of the month, the actual price range was given to them by Honda. Honda told them to keep their mouth shut about it until April 30th.

But, shortly afterwards, in a subsequent article Torque did reveal it was pretty close to their original above prediction.

I'm sticking with the $20,000 - $26,000 line everybody is giving us. Obviously, those who will be "pleasantly surprised" will be...ahem...those who thought the high end trim would be $28,500.

My only question is whether the destination charge is included in the $20,000-$26,000 quote.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I imagine between now and Thursday and especially there after this forum will be quite active so number of topics may be duplicated but all is good. :)
Please reconsider........It is going to get even more difficult to follow the conversation when the flood of reviews comes out. If you are afraid someone will "miss it", simply post to the existing thread with your helpful comments and it will be pushed to the top of the list.

Thanks for your valuable contributions.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes we can all tell the excitement is in the air and going to only build this week. Some of us may be only days away from finally driving this vehicle.

Thanks so much for all your comments and for visiting the forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts