Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to find any tire that is an off road look that will link up to my 2017 hr-v . Any suggestions . Will even lift the car if I have too

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V LX CVT AWD. Crystal Black Perl with many many mods!
79 Posts
I am curious as well and i have found a few people on here that have purchased springs from Tanabe. I believe they are refereed to as TANABE SUSTEC UP210 SPRINGS FOR HONDA VEZEL RU4 but i think the RU2 springs could work too but this is all speculation.

the designation of RU4 abd RU2 is documented on wikipedia - Honda Vezel - Wikipedia
It appears these two models in the asian market are 2013 and up Vezel AWD models (RU1 and RU3 are the front wheele drive variants)

check out these threads:

-------------------------------

I found this from searching for the springs on google: $267.53 USD

The site quotes the springs will increase the ride height by:

front: + 30- + 40 mm or 1.1811 - 1.5748 inches
rear: + 20- + 30 mm or 0.787402 - 1.1811 inches

combined with the Continental Terrain contact tires in size 225 60 17 which is 1.3 inches bigger overall, only 6 pounds heavier and lifts the HRV .7 inches therefore if you combine both the springs and tires you are looking at a front lift of nearly 2 inches and rear lift of about 1.5 inches or more.

I have not yet pulled the trigger on these upgrades but will be considering them in the near future.

i even found directions how to DIY the springs onto the car pretty nice write up just hit translate to English option in your browser:

·
Registered
79 Posts
As I continue researching options for aftermarket suspensions, I came across this on another Japanese site showing what appears to be a Bilstein damper for the Japanese version of the Honda Vezel RU3 Hybrid. I wonder if this might fit our vehicles?

The photos are very detailed so there might be enough info their they appear to cost about $1,200 usd.

(using chrome just right mouse click anywhere on the page and select translate to English)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like my HR-V for efficiency, so I could never lift it or put heaver off-road tires on.

But if I did, I would go for this setup, looks awesome!
(Unfortunately a photoshop)
I am not crazy enough to take it off road i only like the idea of lifting so i can put on a set of BFGoodrich K02's over the stock wheels - for looks only..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts