Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. I have the 22 FWD LX. I eliminated the back 4 screw rivets, and replaced them with 2, SS 1/4"-20 x 3/4" bolts and wing nuts. Makes it a lot easier, and only the two outside studs are needed to hold it good n tight. The six screws are still used, as well as the one pop rivet in the front, but I drilled a pilot hole and installed a small screw partially in the rivet, to be easily removed/installed with pliers. You will need to open the two holes up a little bit to allow the nut through the shield. Then a couple washers to go over the nut to make contact with the plastic. The arrows show where Honda put the openings where you will fish the bolts through, by hand or wire. Then just hold the bolt with your hand and tighten her up. I used a button hex cap style head bolt.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys!
I recently purchased a 2022 HRV here in Canada. After delivery I was inspecting the undercarriage of the car and it seems like it was missing the engine skid/shield cover. Is this normal for North America or is it actually missing the piece? I have attached photos.
Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

Sleeve Font Auto part Automotive exterior Engineering

21 - 26 of 26 Posts