Honda HR-V Forum banner

2017 hrv Undercarriage splash guard fastener part numbers?

18K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  John35g 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. Thanks for the add. Question for you all. My 2017 hrv I bought used is missing the undercarriage protector plate. I ordered one and it came. Problem is all the push rivets are missing. I went to local Honda dealer and they couldn't find any part numbers for the push rivets. Any one know the parts that I need? Thanks for any help.

#6 ·
I purchased a replacement online and did not know that AWD version didn't originally have one. No wonder why there were no clips under the car. I went to the auto parts store and got a bunch of push rivets, but they seemed incorrect. They were not holding or didn't line up. Wonder why they don't come factory on AWD versions. Not like hrv owners are going to need the clearance going off road. I'd rather the protection of under car protection. As it is it looks as though it would have to be removed anyways when doing an oil change as there is no access point in the plate for the oil filter.

#10 ·
Lot of bad info here. There is an AWD front engine cover for AWD. Mines came with one, from dealership. It fell off, and if you want to order a new one you need to order the whole assembly, which is 180. Online catalog says not applicable for cover shield only, because it comes only in a set for awd. Even the parts people wat the honda dealership didn't know, but if you ask enough, the experienced people know. Also it does protect your engine bay. My engine bay is filthier and has a lot of water going into engine bay during rain which cant be good for the electronics and accessories and everything.

#19 ·
I have a HR-V 2022 Sport AWD and I am curious why there is not a cover to protect things .. The vehicle is going to be driven in all weather situations. Can something get wrecked from hard snow, salt and water? Your thoughts?
Nearly 6 years into this car existing, I have yet to see someone complain of salt water damage on their AWD that the cover would have protected. As others have said don't worry about it, it's a pain to work around and only possibly helps fuel mileage.

#20 ·
It's not a 'pain' to install, doesn't need modification. Source threaded clips and stainless fasteners yourself. Cross-bars are different for the two-wheel-drive vs. the awd version. Therefore, the shield doesn't snuggle up properly at the rear edge. I use cable ties or wire to fasten it there... easy to fish the wire through, twist it well, and done. Oil changes aren't every three thousand miles, you know, so I don't consider it difficult to remove. I posted pictures here a few years ago... don't know where they are. I don't want slush and salt or brine and whatever splashing up underneath.

#21 ·
Hey guys. I have the 22 FWD LX. I eliminated the back 4 screw rivets, and replaced them with 2, SS 1/4"-20 x 3/4" bolts and wing nuts. Makes it a lot easier, and only the two outside studs are needed to hold it good n tight. The six screws are still used, as well as the one pop rivet in the front, but I drilled a pilot hole and installed a small screw partially in the rivet, to be easily removed/installed with pliers. You will need to open the two holes up a little bit to allow the nut through the shield. Then a couple washers to go over the nut to make contact with the plastic. The arrows show where Honda put the openings where you will fish the bolts through, by hand or wire. Then just hold the bolt with your hand and tighten her up. I used a button hex cap style head bolt.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Attachments

#24 ·
Hey guys!
I recently purchased a 2022 HRV here in Canada. After delivery I was inspecting the undercarriage of the car and it seems like it was missing the engine skid/shield cover. Is this normal for North America or is it actually missing the piece? I have attached photos.
Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

Sleeve Font Auto part Automotive exterior Engineering

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.