Honda HR-V Forum banner

2017 LX Having Bluetooth Issues

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bob_o 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I just picked up this '17 LX with 50,000 miles on friday. I was able to connect my Samsung Note 10 via bluetooth in seconds, everything worked great! Until the next day. Saturday, I got up and was about to go somewhere and I noticed my phone was not connecting to the car. I tried turning the car on & off a few times as well as the BT on my phone. Trued turning the phone off and on as well. No change. I then decided to "forget" the Hands Free Link from my phone, thinking I would just start fresh. Only then did I notice this:

The car's menu will no longer allow me to Add New Device, so I'm back to an Aux Cable for now like some kind of caveman. When I go into the "Connect an Audio Device" submenu, my phone is listed there, but selecting it does nothing but tell me it cannot connect. I've been scouring the internet for someone who has had a similar problem with no luck, so I'm hoping to find some insight here. Is there a way to reset the car's BT? Please and thanks!

Bob

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey everyone, I just picked up this '17 LX with 50,000 miles on friday. I was able to connect my Samsung Note 10 via bluetooth in seconds, everything worked great! Until the next day. Saturday, I got up and was about to go somewhere and I noticed my phone was not connecting to the car. I tried turning the car on & off a few times as well as the BT on my phone. Trued turning the phone off and on as well. No change. I then decided to "forget" the Hands Free Link from my phone, thinking I would just start fresh. Only then did I notice this:

View attachment 32251

The car's menu will no longer allow me to Add New Device, so I'm back to an Aux Cable for now like some kind of caveman. When I go into the "Connect an Audio Device" submenu, my phone is listed there, but selecting it does nothing but tell me it cannot connect. I've been scouring the internet for someone who has had a similar problem with no luck, so I'm hoping to find some insight here. Is there a way to reset the car's BT? Please and thanks!

Bob
If all else fails, I would disconnect the battery, then reconnect it. This will reset the head unit. Let us know how it goes!

#3 ·
Tried disconnecting the battery and that reset the head unit but I still was not able to re-connect my phone. So I then figured out how to remove the previous owner's devices (like 7 or 8 of them) and that allowed the Add Device submenu to be accessed again. Now my phone is the only device paired to the car, hopefully this will solve the issue permanently... but I'm not holding my breath. My previous car (2015 Civic LX) couldn't connect with my phone at all. Just seems like Hondas hate Androids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.