Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
539 Posts
Whelp... my HR-V still isn't indicating needing any of the three recalls that show as potential for the 2019 HR-Vs, when I put my VIN.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My daughter took her '19 in for the fuel pump recall. Is there some reason this job would take two days? My best guy guess is they have to drop the fuel tank versus accessing the top of the tank from inside the cabin??
Nope. Just had it done today on my wife's HR-V. I immediately knew that they replaced it top-side when we got inside the vehicle at the dealer, and the whole cabin stunk like gasoline! I went in to complain, and the service writer just said, "The technicians usually test drive with the windows open to air it out after they do that kind of job, but I guess he didn't this time. My apologies for that. Just tell your wife to drive with the windows open, and if it doesn't go away in a few days, let us know." My wife hates driving on the highway with the windows down, so she's not happy about this. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
539 Posts
Having done a fuel pump change on my Fit, I can say... even if they did a drive with the windows open, it'll still stick for a while longer.

I used my Fit (and now the HR-V) to do deliveries and it would take a couple of deliveries before the smell finally went away.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The industry I worked in executed a very conscious plan of removing quality until just on the verge of problems.

Guess how you locate that verge!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just got my recall notice on my 2019 EX.
Hade ny HRV in doe service last week and asked about the recall. They said it takes 4-6 hrs. and I would have to leave the car. I made the appt. and cant get done till mid July. I asked about a loaner and at first they said no but I explained I lived 50 miles away and the guy said to call a couple of days before and he would see what he could do. I asked why it took so long and he said because they have have other customers. I am thinking of calling a different dealership and see if they have the same b.s. excuse. I initially went for the B1 service and they did that. I got about 10 miles a way and heard something flapping around under the car. It was the splash guard and it hadn't been secured good so I had to go back. I have had service done there before and never had a problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hade ny HRV in doe service last week and asked about the recall. They said it takes 4-6 hrs. and I would have to leave the car. I made the appt. and cant get done till mid July. I asked about a loaner and at first they said no but I explained I lived 50 miles away and the guy said to call a couple of days before and he would see what he could do. I asked why it took so long and he said because they have have other customers. I am thinking of calling a different dealership and see if they have the same b.s. excuse. I initially went for the B1 service and they did that. I got about 10 miles a way and heard something flapping around under the car. It was the splash guard and it hadn't been secured good so I had to go back. I have had service done there before and never had a problem.
You could definitely try a different Honda dealer. They are all franchised, so they're all owned by different people. Try to find one that has won something called the "Honda President's Award", (if they're still running that program for the dealerships). I have found that those dealers provide much better customer service. But, the fuel pump job shouldn't take more than a few hours. 5 to 6 hours is a bunch of bs! Just had it done recently on my wife's 2019 HR-V, and we did have to leave it overnight, but it was ready by like 1pm the next day, and I think it only took like 2 or 3 hours. The HR-V fuel pump is located in the fuel tank, and it's accessed through a cover that's located underneath the front console. The fuel tank on the HR-Vs are located near the middle, under the front seats. It's a different setup than normal. But, it allows for all that nice storage space under the rear seats! I love the HR-V design! It's a great, little SUV! Good luck with the fuel pump! Oh, and it's normal for the interior to smell like gasoline for a couple of days after you have the job done. Just roll down the windows, and open the moonroof, if yours has one, for a couple of days, and it will go away. By day 3, it was gone in ours. If not, our dealer said to bring it back in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tried calling another dealer and pretty much same story. 4-6. hrs. to do repair and I need to leave the vehicle.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Tried calling another dealer and pretty much same story. 4-6. hrs. to do repair and I need to leave the vehicle.
This is one of the reasons I specifically went out of my way to make sure the dealer I bought my HR-V from, offered loaner vehicles.

This is recall work, meaning there's no cost to us, aside from time (and some gas). And if they offer a loaner, then that can be mitigated, whether the job takes 2 hours or 2 weeks.

That said, with my view on things... I'd just suck it up and make arrangements to either wait it out or get a ride.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just received my recall notice for this today via email. I have a 2019 2WD LX HRV. I likely won't have time to take the car in for another few weeks. Hope I don't break down.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts