Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

Registered
No those aren鈥檛 on,only turn on when I hit the turn signals or unlock/lock on key and it lock button on handle
Ok. So if those yellow lights aren鈥檛 on in your dark garage or when you manually put the switch in on mode - then your car is stuck in DRL mode.

My wild guess is there鈥檚 a relay for night mode and it鈥檚 busted.

If the yellow lights turned on when you used the key fob, it doesn鈥檛 sound like a fuse problem.

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
I figured it has to be a night mode or a module that is busted. Trying to figure out location is hard. Can鈥檛 find anything online for location

Registered

Registered
Here's the service manual that the dealer uses for the HRV if you felt like diving in. There's a download button next to "sign in". You don't have to sign up for a dropbox account to download it. It's close to 6000 pages though so just a heads up finding your issue will not be easy.

It sucks that your warranty is over. Mine is over as well and an issue like this that is not straight forward is annoying.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks,just found out that there is two modules with relay on both sides of the truck. I鈥檒l have to check them out tormow am. I鈥檒l take a look at the manual you sent lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
Hey y鈥檃ll, wanted to know by any chance has anyone posted pictures on their fuse boxes exterior & interior.

If not can anyone one help me out and post a picture of both their fuses? Wanting to know if any fuses were moved on mine.

model 2018 hr-v Ex

thanks in advance lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Update on hr-v
Day 3. Still haven鈥檛 found issue. Honda couldn鈥檛 find it either. They said they checked all fuses & relays. They only pointed out fuse box inside & engine compartment.

Dealership I went to is the most un educated Honda I鈥檝e been too. They told me that it only had 2 fuse diagrams. While looking at the engine compartment I notice a half of a black box poking out under the left head light.

I didn鈥檛 say anything to the techs,I raced home into my garage. Thinking I have found the issue,fuse/relay must be located in there. Well I was wrong no relay in box was for the drl.

I鈥檓 stuck on a hard place馃槱馃檨

when issue is fixed I will keep y鈥檃ll updated

Registered
Switch dealers. If they truly couldn鈥檛 figure it out, I would think they would contact Honda corporate for support.

Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
Why did you pull a fuse during the jump start in the first place?

Looking through the 2016 OM, and the service manual from the dropbox link, the lights (tail lights, license plates & side markers) uses fuse "B16" ("Fuse Box A" under the hood, near brake fluid reservoir)... listed as "small lights" in the OM.

The service manual also shows the relay #7 in the same fuse/relay box (fuses and relays have separate number counts).

~ side note, I hate the page numbers in the service manual. I have a hard copy of the factory service manual for the 2010 Fit, so I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be a main table of contents that shows what each separation of the sections is. Most likely each page is should be more like XX-YYY (XX being the section & YYY being page number).... but whoever that made that PDF didn't take into account (didn't care?) that they are separated by sections and jammed them together. Making it a bit of a pain to find things as I do use the TOC and index while using "ctrl F"/search doesn't always work if the search term isn't used exactly. /end rant ~

Dealership I went to is the most un educated Honda I鈥檝e been too. They told me that it only had 2 fuse diagrams. While looking at the engine compartment I notice a half of a black box poking out under the left head light.
How many fuse box locations do you think there are? Yes, technically there are FOUR (major groups if you don't count the many auxiliary locations that become specific), but the one on the battery terminal are MAIN fuses that you don't mess with (if those manage to blow, you have bigger problems). And the "second"/"Fuse box B" interior fuse panel is basically in the same location and is essentially a continuation of box A. So, in the end, there are "two."

All of which have labels indicating what they are, either on the cover or in the case of interior box A, on the underside of the steering column.

Registered
An easy way to check fuses is to use a test light. With the mini fuses on an HR-V it would be good to have a sharp pointed one. Just check for voltage on both sides of the fuse. Sometimes easier to check them all than to look up the one you're looking for.

Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
An easy way to check fuses is to use a test light. With the mini fuses on an HR-V it would be good to have a sharp pointed one. Just check for voltage on both sides of the fuse. Sometimes easier to check them all than to look up the one you're looking for.
I would agree, except I've seen blown fuses that still barely worked. I don't know how, but the wire inside managed to reconnect just enough to pass electricity, not enough for full stable work, but enough to power things on. And because of the way metal bends/unbends when heated... it would then fail/disconnect after some usage time. And in turn, after some "off" time, would reconnect again.

I'm fairly certain that these fuses would easily pass a basic test light.

So, I would still recommend looking at them under good light (or better yet, have light shine through from other side). The pseudo-working fuses are noticeable, so you can still spot them.

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
I would agree, except I've seen blown fuses that still barely worked. I don't know how, but the wire inside managed to reconnect just enough to pass electricity, not enough for full stable work, but enough to power things on. And because of the way metal bends/unbends when heated... it would then fail/disconnect after some usage time. And in turn, after some "off" time, would reconnect again.

I'm fairly certain that these fuses would easily pass a basic test light.

So, I would still recommend looking at them under good light (or better yet, have light shine through from other side). The pseudo-working fuses are noticeable, so you can still spot them.
I鈥檝e pulled out each fuse,along with the ones under the passenger seat. They are all good,didn鈥檛 try a tester yet

Registered
I had place the small light fuse in the empty sbw slot,Smdh lol

I feel so stupid lol,appreciate all y鈥檃ll help fellas
It's human nature to make mistakes. I'm just shocked that two different dealers couldn't figure this out.

Good job team HRVForum!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts