Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
1,559 Posts
trying find what clicking on cv axle or wheel bearing i have play side to side not any up and down any help would be great thanks VID_20220905_121743381.mp4 this video of the clicking
From my experience, clicking, especially while turning, is a sign of a bad CV axle. Bad wheel bearings usually sound like a loud hum, similar to the way off road tires sound on pavement.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Both CV joints are at extreme angles with the car off the ground

And the no load condition could amplify any "play"in the system including where there's an accumulation of gearing backlash.

Perhaps...............

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both CV joints are at extreme angles with the car off the ground

And the no load condition could amplify any "play"in the system including where there's an accumulation of gearing backlash.

Perhaps...............
But today driving and it was making loud noises as I was driving straight I was on the highway was clunk clunk I was thinking about buying one from RockAuto but I don't know

·
Registered
691 Posts
It sounds like the brake rotor is rattling in the video. It looks like some lugs are installed, are they tight?

If it's not the brake rotor or anything in the brakes making that rattling noise, I think you need to find a good repair shop to resolve it.

Check the other 3 corners also! Have you run over or into something lately?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sounds like the brake rotor is rattling in the video. It looks like some lugs are installed, are they tight?

If it's not the brake rotor or anything in the brakes making that rattling noise, I think you need to find a good repair shop to resolve it.

Check the other 3 corners also! Have you run over or into something lately?
We found the problem the wheel bearing is shot and the hub I'm assuming because I changed the wheel bearing at the time and didn't change the hub so I think the hub went I don't know how I don't know I mean the car is only 4 years old and I don't know if the wheel bearing really went I bought the wheel bearing from Amazon and April of this year so I don't know

·
Registered
42 Posts
We found the problem the wheel bearing is shot and the hub I'm assuming because I changed the wheel bearing at the time and didn't change the hub so I think the hub went I don't know how I don't know I mean the car is only 4 years old and I don't know if the wheel bearing really went I bought the wheel bearing from Amazon and April of this year so I don't know
other car , there was a clicking sound every 2 turns ,,, it turned out to be one burned spot in the outer bearing ring and one steel ball gnawn. Everytime they meet - they click .

One click per turn maybe more balls or more burned spot :) still in the bearing . Might like to do an FA on the bad bearing .

noelmem

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
other car , there was a clicking sound every 2 turns ,,, it turned out to be one burned spot in the outer bearing ring and one steel ball gnawn. Everytime they meet - they click .

One click per turn maybe more balls or more burned spot :) still in the bearing . Might like to do an FA on the bad bearing .

noelmem
driver side cv alxe and right wheel bearing feel in the wheel play up and down side to clicking
on 4 year that sad dont know how

1 - 9 of 9 Posts