Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this morning while driving to work, my car's dashboard lights came on, specifically the VSA, low tire pressure, brake system, ABS, park lights (see attached).

I had the car brought to a garage, and they couldn't diagnose it. So I brought it to a dealership, but during the drive, all the lights turned off and then a power steering light came on. The dealership said that they would be chasing ghosts since all the lights turned off and it was possibly the system recalibrating. The answer seemed rather BS but if the system is not showing issues, then they would be chasing ghosts. The battery was checked and it is good.

When I drove home, all the indicator lights were off. It seems that whenever I turn the car on and off, it reset whatever had turned the lights on. I have 500 miles to go before the end of my warranty, I'm kind of hoping that the issues comes back permanently so that I can fix whatever caused it. I saw some other threads similar to this but wasn't sure if anyone found a clear cause.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
235 Posts
Low voltage could cause those indicators. Have the battery load-tested. Just 'checking' it isn't necessarily enough.

If your commute isn't that long, it might be a combination of a weak battery and insufficient mileage for it to totally re charge (especially if it has been cold where you are).

·
Registered
7 Posts
What was the outcome?
My daughter's 2020 is doing the same thing. Going back to the dealer for a second time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Don't worry about the warranty..if you brought it in for this problem before it had ended, that is good enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts