Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have about 600 miles on a new HRV and we notice a knocking noise after the car is warmed up when you put in drive and slowly accelerate, car wont make this sound without a load.Took it into dealer and they heard the noise and changed a timing belt cover but noise is still there they now say it is a characteristic of this model?? anyone hear this on any of there's??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't recall hearing it but after we took it on a long drive we went to put gas in and when we slowly pulled it it was pretty apparent not super loud but it was there

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All levels full, I actually took another 2018 out for a test drive and there was definitely a similar noise after warming it up, they are saying it is a characteristic of that model

·
Registered
6 Posts
My HR-V makes similar knocking sound, I heard very next day after picking up from the dealership, went back, they checked and mechanic told me comes from A/C some kind of cloche and nothing is wrong, it's been a 4 month since I've got this car, so far everything is good, sound is still there, but only if I'm using A/C. I don't know how right is that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone having a problem with windshield? constantly getting fogged even in dry, sunny day and it's from outside, same thing is happening with side windows, I tried defogger, high and low temperatures both A/C and heat, nothing helps. I have to use windshield wipers to clean off, otherwise hard to see, especially at night and upcoming traffic headlights. Any suggestions before I take to dealership to check out? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
166 Posts
My HR-V makes similar knocking sound, I heard very next day after picking up from the dealership, went back, they checked and mechanic told me comes from A/C some kind of cloche and nothing is wrong, it's been a 4 month since I've got this car, so far everything is good, sound is still there, but only if I'm using A/C. I don't know how right is that.
It sounds like you are hearing the compressor clutch cycling engaged/disengaged. That typically makes a noise which you could easily hear on a car that is otherwise fairly quiet. In that case it is nothing to worry about at all.

Don in Austin

·
Registered
882 Posts
Does anyone having a problem with windshield? constantly getting fogged even in dry, sunny day and it's from outside, same thing is happening with side windows, I tried defogger, high and low temperatures both A/C and heat, nothing helps. I have to use windshield wipers to clean off, otherwise hard to see, especially at night and upcoming traffic headlights. Any suggestions before I take to dealership to check out? Thank you in advance
Is your recycle set to on? If you have that engaged, you're more likely to fog up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Dammit, thank you so much for reply, I'm not worry about knocking sound anymore, it is a compressor clutch. Would you mind to explain to me how should i check recycle. I'm trying to learn about a car more myself instead of running to the body shop or dealership for every simple thing. Thanks so much again, hope to hear from you. :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
First, do yourself a favor and sit down and read the Owner's Manual. If that is too much, at least the Owner's Guide. Both are great helps and explain a lot about the vehicle that you should know to make your driving experience better. Otherwise, this is known as RTFM - Read the Fine Manual.

You are looking for an icon that looks like the vehicle, either with an arrow going through the car, or one with an arrow that makes a U-turn in the icon. Should be immediately to the right of the A/C button. Pressing that switches between recycled air, and fresh air.

From my 2016 US Owner's Manual, Page 167:
■ Switching between the recirculation and fresh air modes
Models without Synch Icon
Select the (recirculation) or (fresh air) icon to switch the mode depending on environmental conditions.
Recirculation mode (indicator on): Recirculates air from the vehicle’s interior through the system.
Fresh air mode (indicator on): Maintains outside ventilation. Keep the system in fresh air mode in normal situations.
Models with Synch Icon
Select the (recirculation) icon to switch the mode depending on environmental conditions.
Recirculation mode (indicator on): Recirculates air from the vehicle’s interior through the system.
Fresh air mode (indicator off): Maintains outside ventilation. Keep the system in fresh air mode in normal situations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2018 Honda HR-V makes the similar sounds in the very next day after I picked up from the Honda dealership. I went back and actually had the supervisor to test drive the car, twice with and without me. He thought that was a compressor clutch said that it's how the engine worked. But when I went on the test drive with him and denoted the sound, he then said it was from the side compartment next to the windshield where side airbag hides. He said that was due to airbags within the compartment has some extra space so where caused the knocking vibrating like drone sound. He then said the Honda HR-V isn't the quietest car in the industry, but that's who it would be like unless until a recall is made nothing else I can do about it.

Is there a way that we can actually complains and raise up this issue for possible recall in the future?

There's actually another thing I found about the brake hold that the function works fine, but after I started using it there's always going to have a cripple sound like when you paddling on the brake about stopping but just right before the moment where it completely stops, the "grr.. grrr... rr..." would appear. And when you drive in the speed of 1 - 5 miles, that sound appears, too. Despite the brake holding button switch is on or off.

·
Registered
166 Posts
So we have about 600 miles on a new HRV and we notice a knocking noise after the car is warmed up when you put in drive and slowly accelerate, car wont make this sound without a load.Took it into dealer and they heard the noise and changed a timing belt cover but noise is still there they now say it is a characteristic of this model?? anyone hear this on any of there's??
The US models, at least, do not use a timing belt.

Don in Austin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same goes to my HRV

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2020 and mine has this same knocking issue. Did anyone get any further info or another diagnosis for this issue. I also took mine to the dealer. He said it was a characteristic of direct injection. But honestly it’s a different tone than the injection ticking and only happens at low rpm when the engine is fully warmed up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts