• No

Votes: 3 100.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 2019 HRV purchased in Feb of 2019. As of March it only had 6k miles on it. Over the summer I reached 10k and all of a sudden my ABS system seems to activate at light braking, low speeds, and dry pavement. I have read a number of conflicting discussions about this being normal, however, if it was normal, would it have started suddenly? I have had so many issues with this car (its been in over 15 times since I purchased it for issues) and I dread another issue with it. Any insight would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Google may be your friend here. Trouble Shooter | Unwanted ABS Activation | MOTOR Magazine. This isn't for an HRV, but sounds like this is a common issue that your dealer (<36months/36,000 miles) should be able to resolve.

For those interested, but not willing to click, article starts out as follows:

When the ABS kicks in at low speeds on dry pavement, the usual cause is a weak signal from an ABS speed sensor. It’s normal for the strength (amplitude) of the signal generated by an ABS sensor to gradually diminish as wheel speed decreases. But if the signal drops below a certain threshold, the ABS controller interprets this as abnormal deceleration and the ABS kicks in. This typically occurs just before the vehicle comes to a stop, at speeds around 5 mph.

Possible causes of a weak speed sensor signal include corrosion around the sensor or a buildup of metal particles at the sensor tip. Anything that separates the sensor from the signal generator may be enough to weaken the signal and cause an ABS activation complaint.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts