Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
The only thing i would like to know is why you chose a Kenwood head unit over an ANDROID head unit??
I am interested in purchasing a head unit for my own Hrv and dont what to do...
Thanks!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
@hojong

Do you have the link or any idea where you bought the DC to DC converter? I don't believe my pioneer head unit provides power either and I like your method of tapping into the 12v. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
HR-V Black Edition 2018
17 Posts
@hojong

Do you have the link or any idea where you bought the DC to DC converter? I don't believe my pioneer head unit provides power either and I like your method of tapping into the 12v. Thanks in advance.
on my side, I purchased This one, but I didn't need to used it because my new "chinese" head unit support OEM rear camera.
Regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
on my side, I purchased This one, but I didn't need to used it because my new "chinese" head unit support OEM rear camera.
Regards
Thanks for chiming in and for the link. I ended up going with This One. Offers some flexibility in the voltage if ever needed (shouldn't be). Which head unit did you end up getting?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, love seeing this head unit replacements. Question, do you need any special tools to remove the dash to get to the head unit. Ive seen videos of people pulling it off, but can't tell if thats post them using a tool to unlock the fasteners. my android head unit is arriving this week and just want to prepare if I need extra tools to install! Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks hojong, I finally installed a Android head unit and it was able to retain steering wheel controls, clock, backupcamera (with buck converter) and it also came with a canbus that lets me see things such as if doors are open, oil life, MPG, rear camera grid that turns with the wheel and other stuff.
View attachment 29701 View attachment 29704 View attachment 29702
sweet, this looks like the exact head unit I ordered. Is this PX5/6 model? Does it come with apple CarPlay installed too? How is your experience with it after a year of use

21 - 27 of 27 Posts