Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lately I’ve been having issues with the volume in my car. For example, today had my iPhone plugged and talking on the phone. I was trying to lower the volume of the call, but the volume didn’t change at all. I noticed the screen said the I was adjusting the “guidance volume”. What the heck? Then later I was listening to the actual FM radio, but with my phone still plugged in. Again, I tried to adjust the volume to the FM radio, but no changes in volume and it said it as adjusting the “guidance volume” again. I unplugged my phone and then adjusting the volume worked perfectly normal. So tell, why was it adjusting the “guidance volume” when I wasn’t even using navigation?!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adjusting the volume with the knob on the car radio. I’ll have to call the dealer and see what they say.!

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
312 Posts
So lately I’ve been having issues with the volume in my car. For example, today had my iPhone plugged and talking on the phone. I was trying to lower the volume of the call, but the volume didn’t change at all. I noticed the screen said the I was adjusting the “guidance volume”. What the heck? Then later I was listening to the actual FM radio, but with my phone still plugged in. Again, I tried to adjust the volume to the FM radio, but no changes in volume and it said it as adjusting the “guidance volume” again. I unplugged my phone and then adjusting the volume worked perfectly normal. So tell, why was it adjusting the “guidance volume” when I wasn’t even using navigation?!
Do you have Apple CarPlay going on the phone? It's possible that having it running on the phone, even while not actively using it to navigate overrides the dash unit.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Your iPhone will also have an adjustment. It might be that with your combination of iPhone model and HRV firmware the phone has master control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts