Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would love some advice please from people that have done this.
I’d like to keep the original head unit, add an amp, upgrade speakers and add a sub.
not surehow good the factory speakers are or the easiest simplest way of getting a better result than what’s factory.

thank you.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Would love some advice please from people that have done this.
I’d like to keep the original head unit, add an amp, upgrade speakers and add a sub.
not surehow good the factory speakers are or the easiest simplest way of getting a better result than what’s factory.

thank you.
Check all the posts in the electronics section on this forum - lots of people have done this.
if you change the speakers it will only point out how poor the head unit really is - not much to adjust and the signal and power seems match to the factory speakers.
I would assume once the head unit was swapped it may point out any weakness in the factory speakers themselves.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The factory headunit sounds absolutely terrible. I upgraded my entire system, amps, subs, speakers, dsp, etc... and kept the factory radio. I had everything professionally installed and I wasn't at all happy with the sound until I replaced the stock radio. I would definitely upgrade the radio if you plan to do other upgrades. The only downside is you lose a lot of functionality if you do that, and idata link still doesn't have a unit for 2019+ Hondas, so until they do you will lose steering wheel controls and cameras.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
The only downside is you lose a lot of functionality if you do that, and idata link still doesn't have a unit for 2019+ Hondas, so until they do you will lose steering wheel controls and cameras.
The aftermarket Chinese head units that include a CAN-BUS keep all the functions of the steering wheel and camera(s). I have a Dasaita head unit with the factory speakers in my LX and it sounds great. As said above, go read the posts in the electrical section and you’ll learn a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts