Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've been looking at the 2021 HR-V, but I'll keep my Jetta until this HR-V rolls out. The touch screen controls on the EX model are terrible; no knobs! - or am I missing something?

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
598 Posts
I've been looking at the 2021 HR-V, but I'll keep my Jetta until this HR-V rolls out. The touch screen controls on the EX model are terrible; no knobs! - or am I missing something?
Technically there's one knob for audio power (only audio source like radio/siriusxm/ipod/bluetooth music, nothing else gets turned off/on) and volume control.

At least, for 2019+.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Technically there's one knob for audio power (only audio source like radio/siriusxm/ipod/bluetooth music, nothing else gets turned off/on) and volume control.

At least, for 2019+.
But the HVAC controls are also touch screen, or did I miss something when I looked at the 2021 EX model? On the LX model the controls are simple knobs.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Knobs are going the way of the manual transmission. Look across various auto makers and you'll find less knob/button and more screen. People of a certain age (which I count myself in) appreciate the ability to change stations, adjust temperatures, etc. without taking your eyes off the road. Screens tend to require this. However, I've owned a 2016 HRV EX-L since May of 2015. What I can tell you is I don't miss the knobs. I am able to control the radio almost exclusively from the steering wheel. I have my stations preset, and can scroll left and right to them. The volume goes up and down on the same button area. As for temperature, I basically set it and forget it. If I need to change it I do it at a stop light, or via voice commands or my co-pilot.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Knobs are going the way of the manual transmission. Look across various auto makers and you'll find less knob/button and more screen. People of a certain age (which I count myself in) appreciate the ability to change stations, adjust temperatures, etc. without taking your eyes off the road. Screens tend to require this. However, I've owned a 2016 HRV EX-L since May of 2015. What I can tell you is I don't miss the knobs. I am able to control the radio almost exclusively from the steering wheel. I have my stations preset, and can scroll left and right to them. The volume goes up and down on the same button area. As for temperature, I basically set it and forget it. If I need to change it I do it at a stop light, or via voice commands or my co-pilot.
Agree. (y) KIA and Hyundai have some of the best controls and control layouts. Everything is within reach and logically placed.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
672 Posts

Production of European destined HR-V's was transferred to Japan from Mexico as part of the 2019 facelift/update, so not sure if this information relates solely to Japanese production.

Likewise, Honda may have stopped selling the Fit in the US, but the MkIV Jazz will continue to be sold in other markets.

*60mpg (Imp)/72mpg(US)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
While the fastback looks really nice, I'd prefer the boxy rear that we currently have just for the extra cargo room. I know I could go with a CRV for more room, but I like how much fits into a small footprint.

I have reservations about another first model year car that doesn't share any parts internationally though, interested in what happens and hoping I can hold onto my '16 for another 2-3 years.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts

·
Administrator
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Honda doesn't seems to introduce their hybrid models in NA the first year. Maybe things will change?

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
672 Posts
The HR-V was sold in the UK with a 1.5 iVTEC naturally aspirated petrol engine producing around 128bhp. It would appear this is not the 1.5 that is in the next gen HR-V. IF Honda uses the same powertrain as the recently released Jazz(Fit) this is what you may look forward to;

Honda Jazz/Fit Hybrid Powertrain (scroll down to the middle where it explains the various driving modes, engine configutation and battery info.)

In one Jazz review they obtained 'Real World' fuel returns of around 62mpg Imp/4.556 litres per 100km/52.5mpg US

·
Registered
125 Posts
They gotta come up big on the new HRV model; the MAZDA CX-30 is gettin rave reviews and it's caught my eye.

·
Administrator
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
If new HRVs are still made in Mexico. I would get the CX-30. I have a CX-5. It's refine and quiet.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts