Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V EX Aegean Blue Metallic
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
^^ This post tells me that it's not a brake pedal issue. Could still be a brake system issue though.

Can you replicate the noise when the engine is off?
Does having the parking brake on or off make a difference?
Can you hear the noise better with all 4 windows down?

Although your 2021 HRV is under warranty, you could jack it up, spin each wheel while someone applies the brakes to see if you can narrow down the issue.
Have someone press the brake while you have your head under the hood listening for the noise.

Perhaps record a video of the noise and post it?
The video should show the brake pedal being activated corresponding with the noise.

Like was mentioned, Google "break" versus "brake". :)
Here is a video. Sorry about the squeak by my shoe it was wet. This was done on a level area in drive so the car wasn’t rolling. Note that if I press on the right side of the pedal it makes the noise. If I switch and press on the left side it doesn’t..

·
Registered
422 Posts
Here is a video. Sorry about the squeak by my shoe it was wet. This was done on a level area in drive so the car wasn’t rolling. Note that if I press on the right side of the pedal it makes the noise. If I switch and press on the left side it doesn’t..
I had a hard time hearing anything other than the squeek..... could you possibly get down in the well and use your hand to push the pedal and see if its bound at the pivot - and depending which side you apply pressure it may cause something to contact the pedal itself ( which then you maybe able to actually see contact) ?

·
Registered
422 Posts

could part of this housing be loose where mounted to the frame too ? and that whole thing moves etc ?

·
Registered
261 Posts

Please post up a technically accurate video of the issue. Without unrelated squeaks, noises or other distractions. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I will see what I can do. As I doesn’t happen with the emergency brake on or the car in park. I need to have the car in gear for it to happen.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Please post up a technically accurate video of the issue. Without unrelated squeaks, noises or other distractions. :)
I am hoping these two videos are better. Sorry about the squeaky video.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Went back to the dealer and tried another HRV out to see if it was also making the same noise, it wasn't!! It was the same year and model as mine .. They again could hear the noise and feel it in the brake pedal, but were not able to find what is causing it.. The shop manager said he did find a gap between the brake pedal and master cylinder push rod. They will be contacting American Honda Tech line engineers and will report back. So we will see what happens from this point..

21 - 27 of 27 Posts