Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I’m wondering what you guys think the max size tire I could do on the Hondas 18 inch wheels without it drastically effecting the car. It has stock low profile tires now, but I’d like some a bit thicker for a better ride and higher ride height. Thanks!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Hello! I’m wondering what you guys think the max size tire I could do on the Hondas 18 inch wheels without it drastically effecting the car. It has stock low profile tires now, but I’d like some a bit thicker for a better ride and higher ride height. Thanks!
Some models come with 17" wheels/tires - would you look to go that route -smaller wheel with more sidewall ( same overall dia) ?

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
853 Posts
You could also look at an all season tyre (Michelin Cross Climate, Goodyear Vector 4Season) as they have a softer compound than your standard tyre.

I have a set of the Goodyear Vectors on 17's and I'm really happy with the ride and handling, even on the UK's crappy roads.

·
Registered
491 Posts

What are the specs on the current wheels and tires?
Perhaps post up a pic of the wheels.

If your current wheels are the super ugly "pinwheel hubcap" wheels, and you plan on keeping your HRV for a while, I would dump those ugly wheels and go with proper fitting good quality aftermarket wheels and tires.

This is a nice looking 2022 HRV, but these wheels are terrible looking:

·
Registered
101 Posts
What are the specs on the current wheels and tires?
Perhaps post up a pic of the wheels.

If your current wheels are the super ugly "pinwheel hubcap" wheels, and you plan on keeping your HRV for a while, I would dump those ugly wheels and go with proper fitting good quality aftermarket wheels and tires.

This is a nice looking 2022 HRV, but these wheels are terrible looking:

I rather like these wheels, have 'em on our '21 ......I like 'em, my wife (it's her car) doesn't care a bit about wheels

·
Registered
491 Posts
So to keep this technical tire discussion going...

CurlyhairedMF posted a pic of his 2021 HRV AWD Sport here:

Going by that picture, it has kinda boring, all black, flat faced wheels.

A search on this forum brings up that those OEM Sport wheels are 18x7.5 ET +55mm.
And the tire size is 225/50R18.

So we need CurlyhairedMF to confirm this before anyone can recommend anything...

·
Registered
278 Posts
So to keep this technical tire discussion going...

CurlyhairedMF posted a pic of his 2021 HRV AWD Sport here:

Going by that picture, it has kinda boring, all black, flat faced wheels.

A search on this forum brings up that those OEM Sport wheels are 18x7.5 ET +55mm.
And the tire size is 225/50R18.

So we need CurlyhairedMF to confirm this before anyone can recommend anything...
I love the black look on my 2021 sport and the tire size is 225/50/18

1 - 8 of 8 Posts