Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I’ve had my 2022 HRV-Sport for a little under 2 months, and just noticed this (maybe minor?) issue. The right side rear passenger window barely has any gap between it and the lower base. I was worried the base might scratch the window when the window is lowered, but I did try and a gap appeared as it should. It’s when the window is fully closed that there is no gap.

(Right rear passenger window)
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

This is the left rear passenger window. Notice the slight gap of roughly 3mm?
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Automotive lighting

Anyway, it does not seem to cause too much of an issue right now... maybe more if a cosmetic concern. But does anyone have this too? Should I take it in for servicing?

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,126 Posts
My understanding is there is a felt type material between the glass and the metalwork that acts as a buffer to stop the glass being scratched. Annoyly that's the stuff that turns green as you can't quite get to it to clean it!

There should be drain holes on the underside of each door to allow any water that does get past the glass or felt material to drain away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My understanding is there is a felt type material between the glass and the metalwork that acts as a buffer to stop the glass being scratched. Annoyly that's the stuff that turns green as you can't quite get to it to clean it!

There should be drain holes on the underside of each door to allow any water that does get past the glass or felt material to drain away.
Yess that’s it! The felt part kind of gets hidden when the rear right window is all the way up. That doesn’t happen on the other windows.
What worries me about it is that maybe something isn’t aligned with how the window is assembled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts