Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2022 HRV LX that has the under panel blocking the oil filter, my question is I know it will be harder to do with that but I plan on doing my own oil changes, now I’m financing the car, if I do this will it affect me if I sale the car later on down the road as far as car fax and warranties I have on the car?

· Registered
481 Posts
So I have a 2022 HRV LX that has the under panel blocking the oil filter, my question is I know it will be harder to do with that but I plan on doing my own oil changes, now I’m financing the car, if I do this will it affect me if I sale the car later on down the road as far as car fax and warranties I have on the car?
Bo it wont. Just rebove the cover and then replace it when you are do.... Very easy to do...

· Registered
768 Posts
I too have a front wheel drive 1st Gen HRV and do all my own vehicle maintenance.

You could drill a large hole in the lower engine cover for oil filter access but you would still have to drill another large hole for oil drain plug access.
At that point the already chintzy panel would have no strength and you would throw it away.

Plus you still will need CVT trans fluid access eventually. :)

Removing and re-installing the under engine cover is another step but no big deal.
I do recommend to start collection of a variety of plastic push pin clips for the lower cover and various other covers for the HRV.
That way when you break or lose one of the clips, you have spares on hand ready to go...

Keep some kind of log for all your vehicle maintenance and you will be fine at resale or trade-in time.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I too have a front wheel drive 1st Gen HRV and do all my own vehicle maintenance.

You could drill a large hole in the lower engine cover for oil filter access but you would still have to drill another large hole for oil drain plug access.
At that point the already chintzy panel would have no strength and you would throw it away.

Plus you still will need CVT trans fluid access eventually. :)

Removing and re-installing the under engine cover is another step but no big deal.
I do recommend to start collection of a variety of plastic push pin clips for the lower cover and various other covers for the HRV.
That way when you break or lose one of the clips, you have spares on hand ready to go...

Keep some kind of log for all your vehicle maintenance and you will be fine at resale or trade-in time.
How will the know I’m being truthful about all the maintenance? Does that even matter? Will the Dealier not give me as much of it’s not shown on the car fax?

· Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
442 Posts
will it affect me if I sale the car later on down the road as far as car fax
My wife's newer European car gets a CarFax report from the dealer, and we have the ability to record DIY services like oil changes and tire replacements there.

Of course, we record ALL services on a little note pad kept in the glove box, too. :giggle:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts