Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
305 Posts
This 'unofficial'one goes into more interior detail which is very similar to the new Jazz/Fit;

·
Registered
305 Posts

Wondering how long it will be before we get posts from people asking is it possible to transfer the head unit from a MkIII HR-V into a MkII.........

·
Registered
305 Posts
Does HEV (on the front plate int he first pic) mean it's an all electric version ?

No, it still has a ICE, in this case a 1.5l. I'll link the webpage to the Jazz(Fit) as the drivetrain (and many other parts) look to be similar to the new HR-V. WLTP fuel figures are a lot more realistic than the previous system used, one road test achieved 60mpg (Imperial) with their time with the new Jazz. The Jazz is only sold with this engine configuration.

Honda Jazz Hybrid & Jazz Crosstar | Hybrid Car | Honda UK

And this is the link to the new HR-V on the Honda UK website:

I actually quite like it, it just annoys me the fuel flap is on the passenger side which is a proper pain in the hoop when pulling up at a petrol pump!

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
238 Posts
change your motorways to the right side of the road
LOL not THIS tease again.

@Hadleys Taxi : Think of it this way, you would be filling from the nearside, farther from traffic! (Safer) :LOL:

·
Registered
306 Posts
The only newer Honda that interests me these days in the Civic Type R.
If you haven't driven one, I highly recommend it. Ignore it's goofy styling and just focus on the acceleration, handling and driving dynamics.

If the new HRV had the 300HP type R engine with the excellent 6 speed manual and possibly AWD and it's excellent suspension and huge brakes, less the 20 inch wheels and less the goofy styling...

And then it would be too nice, too expensive and totally impractical to drive in the winter...

Reactions: John35g

·
Registered
305 Posts
Styling wise the Type R Civic looks like fire damaged Lego. Practicality wise, it's just too low to the ground.

I tried one (just the SE) before settling on the HR-V, and I just could not get in or out without having to put my hand on the ground to help getting in or out. I'll readily admit to being a bit of a Lard Arse (obviously not to LHD standards) but the Civic would appear to be aimed purely at the below average height double jointed acrobat demograph.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The only newer Honda that interests me these days in the Civic Type R.
If you haven't driven one, I highly recommend it. Ignore it's goofy styling and just focus on the acceleration, handling and driving dynamics.

If the new HRV had the 300HP type R engine with the excellent 6 speed manual and possibly AWD and it's excellent suspension and huge brakes, less the 20 inch wheels and less the goofy styling...

And then it would be too nice, too expensive and totally impractical to drive in the winter...
My second car it the Civic Hatch with the 1.5 turbo, drives like a dream. (though not good for deep snow)
Made in UK, the build quality is a step up from the Mexican HR-V

The Type R is pretty impressive, but I think it would turn into too many speeding tickets!
Amazing what they've done with a small, lighter, nimbler car
https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news...da-civic-type-r-beats-on-the-nurburgring.html

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well, you just need to change your motorways to the right side of the road and then your petrol pumps won't be in a tizzy.

It's more of a 'Steering Wheel Location' issue......

I imported my car when I was based in GIBRALTAR for 2 1/2 years, and would drive home to Scotland for Main Leave periods. Paying at the toll booths in Spain and France were a bit of a faff, especially when the barrier came back down before I had set off...

Oh, and no cruise control!

Happy days!

·
Registered
306 Posts
^^ That reminds me of the excellent 2002-05 Civic Si (called Civic SiR in Canada.)

It was an excellent hot hatch that sold really poorly in North America. It was built in England.
It had the excellent K20 high revving engine and a manual trans, 4 wheel disk brakes, excellent suspension.
It had a quirky feature of the manual trans lever was in the lower center dash rather than the floor.
It was fine to shift gears and drive but that shifter in the dash looked really goofy.
The 2004-05 years were even 5 lug wheels rather than the lame 4 lug.
It had/has a quiet following and would have been a great match to our 2006 Acura TSX, (Honda Euro Accord).

I tried to find and buy one many years ago.. Too trashed or too pricey, couldn't find one between those 2 extremes.

·
Registered
305 Posts
^^ That reminds me of the excellent 2002-05 Civic Si (called Civic SiR in Canada.)

It was an excellent hot hatch that sold really poorly in North America. It was built in England.
It had the excellent K20 high revving engine and a manual trans, 4 wheel disk brakes, excellent suspension.

It had/has a quiet following and would have been a great match to our 2006 Acura TSX, (Honda Euro Accord).

I tried to find and buy one many years ago.. Too trashed or too pricey, couldn't find one between those 2 extremes.
Behold....

The model I had was the 1.6 VTEC SE Executive; leather heated seats, electric sunroof, and climate control. I miss the dash mounted gearlever, less distance for your hand to travel from the wheel. There was also a pop out cup holder below the right hand air vent. Luxury on a long journey. And back in the day when Honda used to have an actual engine temperature display in the dash.

In preparation for my trips to and from Gib, I swapped out the Honda OEM head unit for an Alpine single DIN satnav one, and yes, that was the actual size of the display. It ran off a DVD that was already 2 years out of date and would cost over £150 to update, and that was in 2005.

I still bitterly regret trading it in, unfortunately it was scrapped in February 2019.

·
Registered
305 Posts
For those that are not so keen on the grill in the official Honda release video, this may be of interest,

Also, for all the electric tailgate, wireless mobile charging, cup holders in the rear arm rest, I am a little sad that it would appear Honda have removed the adjustable front cupholders. :(

p.s you're going to have to excuse the shaky camera work!

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V EX in white
39 Posts
Not a huge fan of the exterior, but I'm loving the interior. They finally added a front spot for stuff lol.

Reminds me of my old Civic. I love my new HR-V, but I'd totally upgrade to this if I could in the future.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Grille - lifted from some kind of Lincoln? 'Wow, thanks Dad! Now we won't be embarassed when dropped off at school.' And the lights running across the rear... will look really good when a few pixels fail. The paino-black plastic everywhere is gross, IMO, and where is the spare tire? Not run-flats! And the BMW colors in the grille... give me a break! And the wheels! The designers must have a deal for kick-backs from after-market wheel suppliers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you follow Alex on Autos on YouTube, they discuss the 2022 HR-V reveal and possible engine choices, etc. today. Go here:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts