Honda HR-V Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
432 Posts
Agreed, the new Taos has an interior that looks very upscale compared to the HRV (well to be fair, at this point what doesn't?). No doubt it's going to cost more than the HRV the way it's been loaded with the all-digital dash and all that soft touch materials, but it's nice to have more options in this segmen.

The HR-V for 2022 has a new competitor - the VW Taos - which will be available in June, 2021. Looks good, IMO.

You may find this of interest.

The Taos is not sold in Western Europe, however, it is built in Russia for the Russian market (possibly the Eastern European market as well).

What is called the Tiguan in NA is called the Tiguan Allspace in UK which provides a 7 seat option. The Taos is the same size as the European Tiguan, and although VW claims it is 'New for '22' it appears to have the previous generation interior and some technology compared to the facelifted UK Tiguan:

VW do not have a direct competitor to the HR-V in the UK, as the Tiguan is aimed (and priced!) as an Audi Q3 and CR-V competitor., however, two of its sub brands do.

Seat Ateca;

Skoda Karoq:

These are both based on the Tiguan, undercut it by several £k's (before discounts/brokers) and since 'Dieselgate' VW is no longer as selective as to what tech and equipment is available to its 'lesser' brands as it once was.

In the UK VW sell a small hatchback called the Polo that is a competitor to the Honda Jazz/FIt, compare the interior, and fit and finish of that against the 'new' Taos. VW can claim the Taos in the review was 'pre-production' but the dash will still be made from the same Wheely Bin plastic as my HR-V!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Diesel gate lol aka VW had money and the EPA wanted it - if you have ever been behind a KIA when they floor it, you know they are far and away gross polluters, even honda disables VTEC in neutral and 0 rear wheel speed to defeat the EPA testing at WOT, many of the new cars won't even rev past 4K in neutral.

VW still has the planned obsolescence philosophy of selling cars and it's why Japanese companies destroy the competition for resale value and reliability. I remember the last VW I had the windshield broke, the AC condensor failed, 2 tail light bulbs burnt out and the driver side interior door panel fell off in the first year and anyone who owns one should be renamed Nicole anyway.

It's not just VW, Mercedes loses 85% of their value in the first 6 years - my moms SL had the infamous ABC failure right after her warranty ended at 40K - the suspension collapsed, the power brakes didn't work and the power steering failed - basically stranding her in place - it cost 4K to replace that hydraulic line.

·
Registered
432 Posts
This was posted in my Google timeline. There is also a FB thingy by HUK at 1900 (GMT+1) today which may provide more info regarding European specs and pricing.

·
Registered
2021 LX AWD Modern Steel Metallic
56 Posts
Styling wise the Type R Civic looks like fire damaged Lego. Practicality wise, it's just too low to the ground.

I tried one (just the SE) before settling on the HR-V, and I just could not get in or out without having to put my hand on the ground to help getting in or out. I'll readily admit to being a bit of a Lard Arse (obviously not to LHD standards) but the Civic would appear to be aimed purely at the below average height double jointed acrobat demograph.
I traded up from my 2018 Civic because I grew tired of people asking me "Do you need help? when I was exiting the car.

·
Registered
2021 LX AWD Modern Steel Metallic
56 Posts
I noticed that the European models offer more interior color treatments. In the USA - everything is BLACK.
I am getting tired of everything black.
I despise the black on black controls in all electronic / mechanical devices. I look for add on covers for controls wherever possible.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
2022 Honda HR-V e:HEV hybrid launched, U.S. awaits a modified spec

Both gasoline and hybrid variants can be purchased in FWD or AWD.
Aspect2021 Honda HR-V Specification2022 Honda HR-V Specification (Expected)Difference
Length4,330 mm (170.5 in.)4,450 mm (175.2 in.)+120 mm (+4.7 in.)
Width1,770 mm (69.7 in.)1,780 mm (70.1 in.)+10 mm (+0.5 in.)
Height1,605 mm (63.2 in.)1,600 mm (63.0 in.)-5 mm (-0.2 in.)
Wheelbase2,610 mm (102.8 in.)2,630 mm (103.5 in.)+20 mm (+0.8 in.)
Ground Clearance185 mm (7.3 in.)185 mm (7.3 in.)

Actually liking the more station wagon look, longer, and not as high.
Considering the CRV gets 40 mpg city, I"ll bet the HR-V hybrid will be even higher!

·
Registered
432 Posts

Considering the CRV gets 40 mpg city, I"ll bet the HR-V hybrid will be even higher!
As stated in an earlier post, the Jazz(Fit) eHEV using the same 1.5 na petrol was getting around 60mpg Imp (49.9mpg US) in various roadtests.

Saw the video below the other night and according to the info attached the WLTP figures give around 67.2 - 75.4 mpg Imp (55.95 - 62.8mpg US). The fuel tank is reduced from 50l (11 gallons Imp) to 40l (8.8 gallons Imp). Power output from the 1.5 na engine is around 106BHP, and around 131BHP when combined with the electric motors. The 1.5 na petrol available in the previous generation in the UK is around 128BHP with a 0-62mph in 10.2 seconds.

It states the price in yen is Y3,118,500 which I get to be £23,432,12 or $28,751 which was around the previous generations UK price point.

The road noise in the video is near to what I get in my HR-V with winter biased all season tyres on the motorway. You may wish to watch this via a mirror to give an insight of what it would look like driving in the States........

This video is an AWD version

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
As stated in an earlier post, the Jazz(Fit) eHEV using the same 1.5 na petrol was getting around 60mpg Imp (49.9mpg US) in various roadtests.

Saw the video below the other night and according to the info attached the WLTP figures give around 67.2 - 75.4 mpg Imp (55.95 - 62.8mpg US).
Your numbers look spot on.

This is the new third-gen 2021 Honda HR-V [UPDATED]

In the Jazz, that system has a system total power output of 125hp from its 1.5-litre engine and electric motor, and does 3.8L/100km. We can expect the HR-V to have very similar performance, and slightly less efficiency since it’s larger and heavier than the Jazz. There will also be a 1.5-litre gasoline version, presumably with the same 1.5 offered in the petrol-only Jazz – the latter has 121hp and delivers 5.7L/100km.

3.8l/100 km, that is like 74 mpg Imp
I hope they don't make the North American version much bigger, would be great to get that mileage!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sorry, you will be lucky to get half that in actual use - The 2022 civic has a 2.0L base engine and I would expect that - it gets 36mpg combined for some engine version probably the 1.5L turbo they haven't yet said, figure the HRV will get 30mpg.

The roof is lower, unfortunately the rear more so, seems like they are trying to push the 2+2 parents and children setup :( I liked having 5 adults - but you will be able to fit a twin mattress and there will be more ground clearance and a much better interior even.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Man do we love the look of this! My jaw dropped when I looked into it last week since our 2018 lease is up and the advisor said they had some coming in. I want to wait for it but no one seems to know when they’ll be available!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts