Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
It is made in Mexico and not sure any reasons. The quality is not as good as 8 years ago. I had an 15 Accord hybrid for 7.5 years and zero issues and everything was assembled quite well. I just sold it to get the 2023 HRV sport. After I got home , one of the bumper clips of the right rear was not attached. I was upset for a brand new car has this type of defect. I called the dealership and they said I needed to wait 2 weeks to get an appt. Then, I complained and they moved my appt up by one week. Still. Then I just kicked it (not too hard) and it somehow reattached back.

I then I found out the hood alignment was off by a very tiny to the left. The gap of the left side is wider than the right. So far, it's what I have found after a week.

Gas mileage was not so good. Average 21.5 combined vs average 42 of my Accord hybrid. But the tech was soo cool.today, when I backed off from a parking lot, the cross traffic sensor alerted me. When I did a parallel parking, when I was too close to the sidewalk, it alerted me as well.

no car is perfect but it is a very different experience compared to my ex Honda hybrid.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,303 Posts
Feedback from customers to dealers about poor fit, finish and quality control was the reason production of European HR-V's was transferred from Mexico to Japan when the facelift was brought out.

·
Administrator
2,035 Posts
not going to happen here.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,303 Posts
Probably not, but although not an admission of guilt, this does indicates that Honda Japan is aware that all is not well in certain sections of the 'family farm'. Yet, on the surface at least, do not appear to be doing anything to rectify it.

·
Administrator
2,035 Posts
It went to japan probably because it is right-hand drive and also use a different engine. You called it right-hand when the driver is on the right side or the opposite?

You'll never see a mid to high-end Honda build in Mexico.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Japanese version of HRV ( ZRV) has a bigger engine and the side mirror retreat, vent for backseat, pull down armrest for the backseat. Even the EX-L model here does not have any of those, because HRV is made in Mexico and it is considered low-end?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts