Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2023 HR-V EX-L WHITE
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else with an late model iPhone have an issue with the wireless charging? I have a case on mine, very minimal case.. basically bumper with a slight lip around the cameras...
and when I put it on the charger, it either doesnt charge or it starts to, then stops. If it cant charge with that little lip, what is the point of having it? Anyone else have issues like this?

Gesture Gadget Font Peripheral Multimedia

Registered
Coming from 2 Toyotas that had wireless chargers, I can tell you that was the one of the reasons for not paying extra for the EX-L trim. I am sorry to tell you that these chargers doesn't work right in some Iphones. I have a 12. In my opinion, they are useless and slow. And they behave as you are describing.

Registered
2023 Honda HR-V EX-L AWD
I have to play with my iPhone 12 with the wireless charger from time to time to get it to work properly. If it鈥檚 off-center then I have issues with it but other times it works just fine.

Registered
2023 HR-V EX-L WHITE
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I discovered 2 things today. If my iphone is all the way to the left, but the right side is pointing towards the right front tire... IT WORKS LMAO
also.. it stops charging at around 95% then turns off till it gets down some

LOL

Registered
I've had multiple new cars with builtin wireless charging, and they've all been BS. So finicky with phone placement that it honestly caught me in a dangerous driving situation a few times trying to fix it. They all suck IMO. I've had a little bit of questionable success with my Galaxy Note phones, but all my iPhones have had problems. All of them always heat up when actually using carplay or android auto while also using any gps services(like google maps). To me, they are not seen as a positive on the options list. Just crap all around. I hate inconsistent crap like wireless charging.

Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
I think part of the issue is that not all phones match up to the coils in the charger the same way. Another issue I have run into is simply not enough power. My LG V60 requires a 15W wireless charger, and most that I have seen max out at 10W.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts