Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
No, Honda cannot get any subwoofers at this time because the manufacture is not open due to the pandemic or has gone out of business. Same thing with those products hard to get because parts are unavailable. Yep no subwoofer.

another item on the list of cost cutting items that had to be removed due to cost like the fog lights that I really miss

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, Honda cannot get any subwoofers at this time because the manufacture is not open due to the pandemic or has gone out of business. Same thing with those products hard to get because parts are unavailable. Yep no subwoofer.

another item on the list of cost cutting items that had to be removed due to cost like the fog lights that I really miss
That's a bummer. Thanks for the detailed info. I ordered the EX-L but was hoping for some ooompf in the stereo. I have watched many youtube videos but they don't talk about the sound quality of the system at all.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

I think he was asking if its in the design of the vehicle- not if they can or can't get parts right now. I dont think they are shipping cars out with missing parts like this (yet).
I would check the website (or window sticker) - to see if they list sub-woofer. Usually they say # off speakers and Watts of power etc. as selling points/marketing
The higher end models that have better stereos systems would list an added sub-woofer if they had one

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Just a guess - but i think the even # Of speakers rules out a subwoofer. you should have 8 speakers
one per door-is 4 then 2 in dash ( tweeters) would be 6... so did they add 2 more rear tweeters or speakers in the rear hatch area ??
Automotive lighting Rectangle Font Motor vehicle Parallel
Gadget Font Material property Rectangle Communication Device

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a guess - but i think the even # Of speakers rules out a subwoofer. you should have 8 speakers
one per door-is 4 then 2 in dash ( tweeters) would be 6... so did they add 2 more rear tweeters or speakers in the rear hatch area ??
View attachment 34947 View attachment 34948
Thank you! I see the 8 speakers and it specifically does not call out the sub. If it had one, my guess is that they would promote it since it makes a difference (at least to me).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts