Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Honda HR-V EX-L AWD
20 Posts
If you go onto YouTube and put in the Box 2023 Honda HRV reviews, you’ll get plenty of hands-on reviews. I’ve had my 2023 HRV AWD for a couple weeks now and plenty happy with how smooth it rides compared to my older Buick that I had. Overall, I’m satisfied, but haven’t had it long enough to give you a good review on it. Would I purchase again? Yes I would. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I drove an 2023 EX-L on the lot last week, it seemed real nice. I miss the tiny wheelbase of my '19, but I like the new look and I'll get used to the size.

I put the deposit down on an LX. CarPlay and Sensing are standard now, I don't need heated seats and don't like the audio delay in wireless CarPlay. I'm excited for you to get yours! Congrats!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We picked ours up today. After a lot of discussion we decided to go with the sport instead of the Exl. I really like the way the seats blend with the orange stitching and LOVE the wheels, think they really finish the look. Also the textured lower bumpers and wheel well trim are more suited for our use. Ended up paying $395 below Msrp, which was no easy task and makes it all the more sweet!

·
Registered
2023 HR-V EX-L (my third HR-V)
15 Posts
Getting ready to pick mine up in a couple of days and with a new model there is really no reviews. So if you have one are you still glad you got it and would you buy it again?
YES AND YES (but I'd pay closer attention to the "true" price)!!!

2023 Honda HR-V Buyer's Guide: Reviews, Specs, Comparisons

·
Registered
2023 Honda HR-V EX-L AWD
20 Posts
I have the leather EXL, all-wheel-drive model, and my review would be somewhat different. I haven’t driven on very long trips, but I have no problems with seating. I am 6 foot 3” & 225 pounds and my seats so far are comfortable, not perfect, but more than adequate. As far as he uses the word, it took forever to get up to highway speeds, that’s a stretch in my opinion. Getting up to highway speed and passing vehicles was not absolutely fast, but it was adequate and no issues on my part and getting onto the on ramp and passing other vehicles. I’m not a speed demon, and I’m retired and older, so I have no issues with the acceleration part. I do have wireless and I use that each and every time I use the vehicle and I have had no drop out yet. However, I’ve only driven short trips, so I can’t really address the dropout on longer trips if there is any.

I was most pleased with the smoothness of the driving compared to my other vehicles I‘ve owned, including other Hondas in the past. This HRV has a longer wheel base, and that might be the overriding factor which was pleasant for me. Going over bumps was smoother, but not real smooth. It’s not a perfect car, and I dislike the fact that it has the cigarette lighter port at the very rear of the vehicle. I don’t smoke, but I like to put my dash cam inserted into that slot without going through the tedious, hardwire method.

Edit: I have a new Viofo A119 Mini dash am and to my surprise it did work very well inserting the USB connector into the very front USB port. No need for the cigarette lighter connection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2023 back in June. Has 5,000 miles. I have a metallic rattle/clank over any bumps in road. I do not hear it on the highway. Started recently with colder temps in PA. Worst in the morning when I first leave for work. Starts to subside after 5 min or so, but is always there. If I could figure out how to add a video on here I would.

It’s driving me crazy. Taking it in to dealership next week, but any ideas/experiences with this issue?? It’s definitely on outside of vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts