Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Hrv EX
35 Posts
I just called my local Pep Boys location because they offer Honda Scheduled Maintenance and got quoted at $345 for all the works. Gonna be taking mine in next week to get it handled

·
Registered
372 Posts
Pep Boys? All the works?

What exactly will the Pep Boys do for your $345? :)

·
Registered
2018 Honda Hrv EX
35 Posts
Yeah I was skeptical so I called them and asked because on their site it says the offer Honda Scheduled Maintenance.

They told me it includes oil/filter change, air filters, tire rotation, alignment, brake fluid, transmission fluid, spark plugs and inspection for 30K miles. Hell of a price for all that lol I was honestly extremely shocked

·
Registered
27 Posts
2018 hrv mileage 43,000; purchased july 2021. dealer said i do not need a maintenance schedule bc the honda will alert me on the dash… bought it certified so good for now, but i want it well-maintained…. what should i do?

·
Registered
2018 Honda Hrv EX
35 Posts
2018 hrv mileage 43,000; purchased july 2021. dealer said i do not need a maintenance schedule bc the honda will alert me on the dash… bought it certified so good for now, but i want it well-maintained…. what should i do?
Nah screw that lol

I got 2018 EX in May 2021. Got it as 25.4k and I’m approaching 29k. I’m still going to take it in for 30k miles because I’d rather be on the safe side of my investment and stick to the standard maintenance schedule. I’ve never been one to wait till lights come in my dash tbh

·
Registered
52 Posts
Check my post on newer Honda's with no information in the owner's manual for services, other than, "See your dealer".
Most 30K mile services are possible by the average DIY guy with a set of tools and a garage or driveway. I've been doing my own since the 1960's with no formal training. The information is more available today than ever before, thanks to YouTube.
Do NOT believe the sales people in regards to longer intervals on fluid changes. Find a good service department or even a local mechanic with years of experience and ask for advice. This can save money and stress, especially if you could have prevented a part from failing prematurely.
ONLY use good fluids and changing them earlier than later is cheap insurance.

·
Registered
151 Posts
This is what bugs me. There is literally no such thing on the market as a CVT Cleaner & Conditioner.

It's a straight up scam!

I figured out the Engine Performance Service is putting a bottle of Chevron Techron in the gas tank. Apparently lots of dealerships do this and charge a high price.

A bottle of it can be found at Walmart for under $5
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chevron-Techron-Concentrate-Plus-10-oz/16647989

AC Sanitize and antibacterial fridgi fresh is scummy as well. If anyone has bad smell in their cabin, the spray isn't going to eliminate it.

A cabin air filter with activated carbon is the best solution for this issue. $14 from Walmart
https://www.walmart.com/ip/FRAM-Fresh-Breeze-Cabin-Air-Filter-CF11182/38205671

So the water content level of brake fluid can reach 6% to 8% in the third year of service.

I know Honda North America says to do it every 3 years but I've been doing it every 2 years. Most manufacturers recommend 2 years and in some countries like Germany, all cars have to get it done every 2 years.
Lubgard is one product a lot of places use in the CVT...They have been around for a long time...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah I was skeptical so I called them and asked because on their site it says the offer Honda Scheduled Maintenance.

They told me it includes oil/filter change, air filters, tire rotation, alignment, brake fluid, transmission fluid, spark plugs and inspection for 30K miles. Hell of a price for all that lol I was honestly extremely shocked
Honda's NGK spark plugs are NOT a 30K mile service item. They last at least 120K miles. Do not let a non-Honda technician mess with your valve cover, spark plugs and coils. When you do change your plugs, have a Honda technician adjust the valves at 120K miles. In Honda engines, the valves don't get loose, they get tight and this can be bad.

I've been using my local Honda dealership's maintenance shop for over 30 years and the head technician is a personal friend. Honda vehicles will last forever with proper maintenance. Don't let a generic shop with noobies experiment on your vehicle. My Honda's always last for several hundred thousand miles with proper scheduled services by knowledgeable Honda-trained technicians. These guys are more than just "mechanics".

·
Registered
2018 Honda Hrv EX
35 Posts
Honda's NGK spark plugs are NOT a 30K mile service item. They last at least 120K miles. Do not let a non-Honda technician mess with your valve cover, spark plugs and coils. When you do change your plugs, have a Honda technician adjust the valves at 120K miles. In Honda engines, the valves don't get loose, they get tight and this can be bad.

I've been using my local Honda dealership's maintenance shop for over 30 years and the head technician is a personal friend. Honda vehicles will last forever with proper maintenance. Don't let a generic shop with noobies experiment on your vehicle. My Honda's always last for several hundred thousand miles with proper scheduled services by knowledgeable Honda-trained technicians. These guys are more than just "mechanics".
Yah I decided to get my oil changed at the dealership instead. Unfortunately they try to charge $200 for transmission fluid change lol so I’m just gonna do that myself this week. LA dealers charge an arm and a leg for everything

·
Registered
372 Posts
I just called my local Pep Boys location because they offer Honda Scheduled Maintenance and got quoted at $345 for all the works. Gonna be taking mine in next week to get it handled
Yah I decided to get my oil changed at the dealership instead. Unfortunately they try to charge $200 for transmission fluid change lol so I’m just gonna do that myself this week. LA dealers charge an arm and a leg for everything

What happened to the great Pep Boys maintenance deal??!! :)

·
Registered
2018 Honda Hrv EX
35 Posts
What happened to the great Pep Boys maintenance deal??!! :)
Talked to my buddy who went to that location and his engine was acting all sorts of weird and they tried to get him to come back. Lol definitely not going to go thru that

21 - 31 of 31 Posts