Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
My neighbor works at a local dealer and I am told I will get the friends and family discount which is invoice.....sounds good to me!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Well, if I buy one, I will be sure to post a pic of what I paid, then you will probably try to say I am lying.

I know my neighbors very well, so I know I can trust them. I also know what the invoice price is, as it is posted on Costco's website.

HR-V is my first pick, but I will also test drive a CR-V while there. I also want to go check out a Subaru Crosstrek.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'll be paying MSRP - I confirmed this with my dealer. It's now just a matter of waiting until they get the trim and color I want in stock. Shouldn't be too long a wait, because I gave them 4 color choices.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Well, if I buy one, I will be sure to post a pic of what I paid, then you will probably try to say I am lying.

I know my neighbors very well, so I know I can trust them. I also know what the invoice price is, as it is posted on Costco's website.

HR-V is my first pick, but I will also test drive a CR-V while there. I also want to go check out a Subaru Crosstrek.
You don't need to post any paperwork. We believe you. Enjoy the process....

·
Registered
389 Posts
Anyone managed to buy below invoice today?
I fully expect HRV4ME to post later today that he has purchased a red HR-V for $500.00 below what he calls invoice. I base this on both this thread, and the following thread:

http://www.hrvforum.com/forum/289-honda-hr-v-general-discussion/8226-anyone-looking-red.html

Remember, he started looking last night and took today off to make his purchase (He declared today "National HR-V day). I hope he got the model he wanted!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Every time I see somebody mention invoice, I wince. That's a fake number. I know it makes people feel like they're savvy buyers, but manufacturers long ago realized that invoices were leaked and disclosed. And now, invoice numbers are just as bloated as the MSRP. The true price of the car for the dealer has NOTHING to do with the invoice. It has everything to do with a zillion structured manufacturer-to-dealer sales incentives and other kickbacks.

So please, please, please stop talking about invoice. Super please?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Every time I see somebody mention invoice, I wince. That's a fake number. I know it makes people feel like they're savvy buyers, but manufacturers long ago realized that invoices were leaked and disclosed. And now, invoice numbers are just as bloated as the MSRP. The true price of the car for the dealer has NOTHING to do with the invoice. It has everything to do with a zillion structured manufacturer-to-dealer sales incentives and other kickbacks.

I remember reading something about that a few years ago. That the invoice was not actually what the dealer paid and is a padded amount to begin with. That is why you see these wonderful ads "Cars Sold at Invoice!" that dealers are so fond of.

But still they are not totally useless as a target to get your price as close as you can to.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Everytime I see someone talk about the car business that doesn't actually work in the business makes me wince.

Dealers have a cost, that's invoice. The only way for a dealer to sell below invoice is using dealer cash/rebates. The way Honda cars are structured vs most domestic cars is totally different. You're post and this thread is pointless as nobody is going to sell these cars right now anywhere near or below invoice. Eventually you'll see near invoice or below slightly from Internet sales guys, but that's because they usually make up for the difference with add ons.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"It has everything to do with a zillion structured manufacturer-to-dealer sales incentives and other kickbacks."

That's true but dealerships wouldn't exist if everyone got a new vehicle at cost.

·
Registered
290 Posts
>> Everytime I see someone talk about the car business that doesn't actually work in the business makes me wince.

And every time I see a junior salesman from the floor act like he knows what's going on in the back office, I wince. Or when I see somebody blatantly disseminating disinformation to the gullible, I wince. Or when I see somebody at a small dealership claiming he knows how the volume dealership does business, I wince.

I guess there's just a lot of wincing to be done on both sides of this discussion.

·
Registered
290 Posts
>> That's true but dealerships wouldn't exist if everyone got a new vehicle at cost.

Dealerships would flourish if they didn't sell a single vehicle to the public. The primary profit center of a modern new car dealership is the service department. Selling cars is a sideline.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just my 0.02 cents. I work as an automotive service technician at A multi-brand Dealership. Profit on new cars, is very minimum at best. Even at invoice there is at 2-3% profit on overall sales. Plus more when there is incentives given back from the manufacturer. The biggest profit at our dealership comes from used cars (lease returns, trade-in & auction cars), service is 2nd.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
389 Posts
And what color did you buy?
I did not get off for "National HRV day"....For some reason my company does not recognize it as a national holiday. I told them it was really more of a religious holiday, but they did not care.

Besides, I am thinking more about the CR-V now. I want the tow capability and the roof rack, without needing to purchase at the EX-L level. The Fit does not allow that capability, and now it appears only the higher end HR-V does, but still no tow provision.

That may be a deal killer for me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts