Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 hrv A-pillar gap when cold when it warms up it seems ok it’s the driver side any thoughts may have to take it to dealer only 7800 miles ocd getting the best of me any suggestions would be helpful
Shoe Grille Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

Mirror Hood Wood Grey Shade

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Metal expands and contracts with heat and cold but plastic doesn’t, so you definitely want to get it checked by a body shop. That’s OCPD not OCD but not to worry because people with OCPD don’t post run-on sentences without punctuation, so you don’t have it. 🙂

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Plastic is no different than any other material. They expand or contract with temperature change. It is just physics.
That’s correct, my mistake. I’ve been watching mine to give feedback but haven’t noticed anything moving, he definitely wants to get that checked out.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,126 Posts
See your Aunt Fanny.....

To the OP, just be careful the cure isn't worse than the affliction. Unless it is an easy fix and the plastic just pops back in, both the A pillar and dash plastics may now be used to the way they are inserted or lying, and moving them to the correct position may cause further issues; squeaking and rubbing.

If you have put up with it for 2 years, (or have you just purchased the 2020 vehicle?), then your CDO is not as bad as you thought, and it may be worth it in the long run to tolerate it until you sell it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts