Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what this image really mean? is it the ABS Brake System Module was broken? Any help would really mean a lot. Now that were in this pandemic and i lost a job and then here come's another problem really pisses me off.
Honda HRV 2016 EX.jpg

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
171 Posts
ABS issues do not cause a reduction in normal braking, so you can drive the car before you get it resolved.

You need to have the ABS system Codes read with the proper scan tool.

Most ABS issues are due to broken or corroded wires/connectors to the wheel sensors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know what this image really mean? is it the ABS Brake System Module was broken? Any help would really mean a lot. Now that were in this pandemic and i lost a job and then here come's another problem really pisses me off. View attachment 30551 View attachment 30551
Did you manage to resolve this issue? I recently faced this as well. Brought the car in for routine service and they just reset it, but didn't know what the main issues were. If the light pops up again only will they do a thorough check. Replacing it costs a fortune.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
436 Posts
Well, the thing about the ABS and various brake system components is that they're all linked together in some fashion.

Case in point, a while ago, my parking brakes failed. That not only triggered the warning about the parking brake, but also the main braking system AND the ABS system. The dealer diagnosed the problem to the parking brake button not responding with the right resistance. They swapped it out and everything worked fine.

Another case was when I got a nail in my tire. I switched out to the donut for a few days... a whole bunch of warnings popped again... one of which was the ABS (along with TPMS, LKAS, etc). And that came and went as I shut down and restarted the HR-V. And once I got the tire fixed and mounted back on, they stayed clear.

So, it would be in your best interest that it doesn't come back, of course. But if it does, to find out what exactly is the cause. Replacing it costs a fortune, but it'll hurt even more to find out afterwards that it wasn't the issue to begin with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts