Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of the blue, when I turn press the Set button, I get a white indicator light that says ACC OFF. The green ACC & LKAS light is on, though. I've tried switching over to regular Cruise Control, but I'm still getting the same message when I try to turn it on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2018 HR-V EX AWD CVT
80 Posts
Out of the blue, when I turn press the Set button, I get a white indicator light that says ACC OFF. The green ACC & LKAS light is on, though. I've tried switching over to regular Cruise Control, but I'm still getting the same message when I try to turn it on. Any ideas?
Have you looked at your manual? It's most likely explained there. If it is saying "ACC OFF" I would think that it should already be in regular cruise control mode.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Are you sure you're not driving too slow? Ours does/says the same thing.....ig you try to enable it lower than 25 mph .....above that, always works. Have never driven any car that allows cruice control under 25 mph......just a guess/hint

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,120 Posts
From the UK Owners Manual page 426:

You cannot set or resume in the following situations:
• When vehicle speed is less than 30 km/h (18 mph)
• When the MAIN button is turned off (I know it is turned off as the time is displayed instead of the CC symbol.)
• At vehicle speeds of 25 km/h (16mph) or less, cruise control is cancelled automatically.

For some weird quirk, UK models do not have a button marked CRUISE to activate the CRUISE Control, instead we have to depress a button marked MAIN!

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

One other thing to take into account, if you have a manual, you cannot activate Cruise Control if your foot is resting on the clutch pedal - even slightly, as I discovered quite early in my ownership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts