Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I'd like to acknowledge @Samito01 for the picture of his car with these wheels, which was my inspiration. However, after all of my questions going unanswered about fitment and specs I took a chance and dropped $1,200 on a used set of 2021 Accord Sport wheels and tires without knowing if I'd need spacers or to do any modifications. These wheels are on the 2019-2021 Accord Sport but again, these are from a 2021 and you may want to verify that the specs are the same for all of them.

So, here is my post with all specs, fitment and performance notes. My car is a 2020 HR-V AWD and is not lowered or otherwise modified. I have no plans to lower it unless there is a lowered shock/spring package on the market. In short, they fit without any modifications needed and the Accord Sport lug nuts screw right on to the HR-V studs. The wheel locks from the Accord Sport worked on the HR-V too and although both key locks appear similar and had the same part number on them, the key's puzzle was not the same. I did not have to modify the wheels, tires, suspension or body in any way. It just all bolted up perfectly. The wheels are 19x8.5" ET50 (ET is offset) and the tires are 235/40-R19 run flat. Please refer to the pictures posted for all of the technical details. I did not have a way to weigh the them (Accord Sport vs HR-V AWD) but I did not notice any extreme difference between the two when compared as I was mounting them myself.

They are only 0.1" difference in diameter, so the revs and speedometer are nearly unaltered. The tires do not rub inside the fenders or on any of the body panels or suspension. I've driven 200 miles so far, over all kinds of roads and also rail road tracks with no issues at all. I have went over a "speed bump" too and that was not an issue.

Performance wise it's outstanding, the car feels more "planted" on the road. The width of the wheels and tires make it considerably more stable. There is no more wandering/following the road because of the skinny wheels and tires. That blown around the road because of high winds feeling is gone too. It corners better and handles better too. The ride is about the same but I do feel the difference between the stock tires and these, these tires feel firm on the bumps in the road but not harsh. The faster that you're going the less you'll notice that the tires are firm on the bumps. When at usual cruising speed of 50-70 mph, I did not notice the tires being firm on the bumps at all. I did not notice any difference in braking at various speeds.

The pictures speak for themselves as far as how they fit the body and in the fender wells. It no longer has that dinky little car look either, it makes it look a bit larger than the subcompact SUV that really is the HR-V. It looks a lot better in person than these pictures online. The design is opinionated, so I won't get into who likes what, but the main point I'd like to get across is that this is the size of wheels and tires that you want to make the car handle and hold the road better. These make the car handle and hold the road like it was meant to be in the first place. The factory stock size wheels and tires on the HR-V is a downfall, these completely change the characteristics of the car. It feels safer because of the wide wheels and tires and it gets run flat tires too. It's not just about the looks, so choose what brand and design you prefer but these specs (19x8.5" ET50 235/40-R19) are perfect for this car.

I'll update this post with any issues if they come up. The alignment didn't seem to change, the car tracks the same, but I will get a four wheel alignment check just to be sure. If anyone has anything constructive that would help with this experiment, feel free to post. I do have CVT concerns already, not because of these wheels and tires but because the CVT is problematic to begin with already. I will post every 5,000 miles if there are any problems, my car is at 10,700 miles right now.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's been 3,000 miles without any problems. This car (AWD) with these tires is very stable in the rain. I can't believe that I've put that many miles on the car in one month since this post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts