Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been in touch with my local Honda general manager and sounds like we should all be in good shape with production going well and delivery coming the next couple of weeks. He indicated deposits continue to come in and demand should be very strong for some time.

Now comes the issue of cost. As I previously reported, transactions prices are easily expected to be at or above retail.

Since it's still TBD, curious what everyone thinks how much above retail will be the average transaction?

·
Registered
514 Posts
No idea, but I would have a hard time justifying paying over retail price, especially since paying over would make it too close to the CRV price. I understand the demand will be high, but I'm not going to pay for something thinking I got ripped off or can get a better value with a different vehicle.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I actually would be fine with retail price...as long as they aren't tacking on a lot of junk to jack up the price. I won't pay more than retail so I will probably wait. Probably best because we can see if there are any issues with the car by then.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Doesn't the idea of putting a deposit down on something that you never even test drove just scream how important first dibs are to you - and hence puts even more selling power into the dealers hand? They know they have you. How much will adding an extra $$$ really do to drive you away from the sell now? Seems crazy to me ... And makes it that much harder on the rest of us to get a good deal.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Doesn't the idea of putting a deposit down on something that you never even test drove just scream how important first dibs are to you - and hence puts even more selling power into the dealers hand? They know they have you. How much will adding an extra $$$ really do to drive you away from the sell now? Seems crazy to me ... And makes it that much harder on the rest of us to get a good deal.
Amen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I actually would be fine with retail price...as long as they aren't tacking on a lot of junk to jack up the price. I won't pay more than retail so I will probably wait. Probably best because we can see if there are any issues with the car by then.
My first post here, but I've reading this forum for a little over a week now. Hello!

I completely am okay with paying retail, however I am willing to wait and see how the performance of the HRV plays out. If it does go for above retail, I would definitely be looking into the CRV. Just my son and I but I really want a "mom car". Also, it'll grant me more time to better my down payment. I am a first time car buyer and am really excited for the HRV to be released! This forum has been extremely helpful to me. I'm glad I am not the only one anticipating it's arrival. Any and all advice is welcomed! :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Our dealer has 5 orders with deposits, all after the Toronto car show. The HRV will be popular. We need a second car by June so we put down a refundable deposit a month ago. We expect to pay full list, no more. If the get stupid we would be happy with a CRV. (HRV is first choice as we really like the size and looks)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From what my Honda sales manager was telling me, they already have a handful of deposits. Outside of that, he mentioned they have had more inquires on the HRV than any other Honda in a LONG time.

I was going to leave a deposit, but since I have done regular business with them over the years, he knew I was serious and no need for it. He also mentioned given the business over the years and he typically has sold the other models from him to me at invoice, he would try to knock off about $500 from retail. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
My first post here, but I've reading this forum for a little over a week now. Hello!

I completely am okay with paying retail, however I am willing to wait and see how the performance of the HRV plays out. If it does go for above retail, I would definitely be looking into the CRV. Just my son and I but I really want a "mom car". Also, it'll grant me more time to better my down payment. I am a first time car buyer and am really excited for the HRV to be released! This forum has been extremely helpful to me. I'm glad I am not the only one anticipating it's arrival. Any and all advice is welcomed! :)
This will be my first time buying a brand new car, everything else I've bought before has been used, I am also going to wait to see how it performs, and also to compare with the CX-3. Already know Jeep renegade is a gas guzzler, at least the automatic version and my wife doesnt drive manual, I love the looks of the fiat 500x but I have the feeling the MPG's wont be much better than the renegade on auto, Also like the Crosstrek but the CVT version is a bit pricy for my budget and I wonder about the oil problem, I am hopping my current '04 elantra makes it for another year without big repairs up to 200k miles, before I make my mind, also maybe Toyota in that tame frame could launch something on the lines of its CH-R concept, which I would be willing to splurge on, or a HR-V hybrid, given that it would save tons on gas in the long term if they are better than the crosstrek hybrid

·
Registered
185 Posts
Dealers sell new cars above retail price, as in above MSRP? Without optional accessories added?

I'm looking to get a base LX (automatic) with zero optionals.

Are alarm systems included in the standard these days?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do they? Yes

It all comes down to supply and demand. Which explains why vehicles that don't sound well due to lack of interest for often sold at or below dealer invoice prices.

However the Honda HRV has had the highest demand of any new Honda model in recent years. Therefore high demand equates to higher prices.

Just like the CRV expect the HRV to account for the majority of sales in the EX model therefore you might be able to get a better price on an LX HRV.

Dealers sell new cars above retail price, as in above MSRP? Without optional accessories added?

I'm looking to get a base LX (automatic) with zero optionals.

Are alarm systems included in the standard these days?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Do they? Yes

It all comes down to supply and demand. Which explains why vehicles that don't sound well due to lack of interest for often sold at or below dealer invoice prices.

However the Honda HRV has had the highest demand of any new Honda model in recent years. Therefore high demand equates to higher prices.

Just like the CRV expect the HRV to account for the majority of sales in the EX model therefore you might be able to get a better price on an LX HRV.
The same sort of demand can be seen across the board with other car makers getting into the compact SUV/ compact crossover segment with strong products.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I cannot think of anything else besides the upcoming CX-3 that would even come close as the HRV will still be far more anticipated.

The same sort of demand can be seen across the board with other car makers getting into the compact SUV/ compact crossover segment with strong products.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am sure alot of people were out this weekend purchasing their new HRV.

Sounds like price has typically been MSRP?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts