Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been some discussion in other threads about trying to add dash tweeters to the LX but without any answers yet. I've read on this forum and also on Crutchfield's website that the other trim levels have the dash speakers wired in parallel with the front door speakers. There is a wire harness under the speaker grill on the LX but I did not open its loom to see what wires are inside of it. Has anyone done this and can give any information on the wires or anything at all?

·
Registered
672 Posts
are there connectors under BOTH speaker grilles ?
and yes the factory tweeters are wired in parallel to the front speakers
(RED and PINK and then, BLUE and LIGHT BLUE - this is for a 2017 EX-L)
FYI- there was very little slack in the factory harnesses - so you may be better off with new wires run into the door panels and then terminating wires there.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are there connectors under BOTH speaker grilles?
So far all that I've done is removed the passenger (right) grill and seen a harness. I didn't open it (the loom) to see if it had connectors inside of it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
So far all that I've done is removed the passenger (right) grill and seen a harness. I didn't open it (the loom) to see if it had connectors inside of it.
I/m sure the connectors would be exposed - so you have some work to do to get to the wiring.
I think its best for you to run all new direct to the door speakers, to be honest. 2 wires to each.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump/reminder: I still want to do this but am waiting for someone to confirm if the wires are in the harness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts