Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am new to this forum and truly appreciate all the information that others have posted and discussed here. I like the comparisons made with other manufacturer competitive models as well. In reading the posts, I am still in search of answers for the following questions. Any input/discussion is welcomed. Thanks

1. What is the towing capacity (if any)? I am hoping to be able to use a hitch bike rack or even a small cargo carrier. No intentions to pull a boat or anything heavy. My assumption is that it will be similar to a civic which is not much at all.

2. The more recent Honda model TPMS systems do not show individual tire pressure readouts. Will the HR-V be the same or be updated to show individual readouts. I noticed in a recent (pre-embargo) 2016 Pilot review video, there was a screenshot of the TPMS system and it was showing 4 individual readouts. Its promising but not sure if the update made the HR-V.

3. I know from other posts that there will be 2 X 12-V outlets for EX and higher trims. Can anyone confirm where the 2nd one is located? I have seen a picture of it in the cup holder of the second row seats and another showing it in the truck on the right side (international version maybe).

4. Since all wheels will be 17-inch, is the upgraded wheel an accessory or an upgrade in the EX or EX-L trims?

5. Does anyone know if all trims will be wired for auto dimming rear view mirrors even though only the EX-L will actually come with one included? It would be great to have this as an accessory item.

6. Last but not least, just want to confirm that there is a real compact spare tire for the HR-V. I am so not a fan of the fix a flat kits that is going around other manufacturers these days.

Thanks all!!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Hi all,
3. I know from other posts that there will be 2 X 12-V outlets for EX and higher trims. Can anyone confirm where the 2nd one is located? I have seen a picture of it in the cup holder of the second row seats and another showing it in the truck on the right side (international version maybe).

6. Last but not least, just want to confirm that there is a real compact spare tire for the HR-V.
3 - The HR-V in Denver was an EX-L. It had a second 12v outlet in the cup holder, between the seats in the back seat area.
6 - I did see a compact spare in the Denver model.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found one answer to my own questions and also thanks for your responses Dammit:

1. Per Honda spec, there is no towing capacity and in fact its not recommended. Confirm by Bicepeak in his post.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Definitely not a good idea with the CRV, with who it targets and what its competition can do, the CRV needs a good towing cap range, something good enough, doesn't have to be the greatest.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Definitely not a good idea with the CRV, with who it targets and what its competition can do, the CRV needs a good towing cap range, something good enough, doesn't have to be the greatest.

Not sure if I am reading your post right, but a CR-V has a 1500 lbs towing capacity, as per the Training Manual.

The HR-V is not designed to tow.

·
Registered
402 Posts
In Australia its rated for 800kg (1760lbs) braked
500kg (1100lbs) unbraked

For the CRV All models 1500kg(3300lbs)braked.
600kg(1320lbs) unbraked
Most curious.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Towing not recommeded in the American market / trim. in Australia, at least, it's spec'd for towing, I believe it was 500kg unbraked, 800kg braked. It's an open question whether the difference is mechanical or jurisdictional.

I don't recall if the Canadian press release mentioned towing... will be interesting to see if it's authorized here or on the Euro version, which will also be built in the same factory.

Edit: whoops, okhick beat me to it... I got interrupted before finishing my post.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Makes sense, I can't think of anyone who would be buying the HRV with towing in mind, let alone with the CRV.
Umm, I was considering towing for at least a little pop-up trailer or utility trailer. Subaru's XV has a towing rating, the HR-V does in Australia, it makes perfect sense for there to be some towing allowed in this class of vehicle.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Towing not recommeded in the American market / trim. in Australia, at least, it's spec'd for towing, I believe it was 500kg unbraked, 800kg braked. It's an open question whether the difference is mechanical or jurisdictional.

I don't recall if the Canadian press release mentioned towing... will be interesting to see if it's authorized here or on the Euro version, which will also be built in the same factory.

Edit: whoops, okhick beat me to it... I got interrupted before finishing my post.

How about we just go ahead and say yes it will be?

I think I will die laughing if it is! Dang you Canadians!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Makes sense, I can't think of anyone who would be buying the HRV with towing in mind, let alone with the CRV.
Umm, I was considering towing for at least a little pop-up trailer or utility trailer. Subaru's XV has a towing rating, the HR-V does in Australia, it makes perfect sense for there to be some towing allowed in this class of vehicle.
Same here. I cannot understand why anyone would question the desire to tow with this vehicle, or the HR-V. The HR-V was once an SUV, towing is expected, not the exception.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
No question the desire may be there, but would I every actually want to do it on that type of vehicle? No way LOL

If that's the case I would be buying a truck or a Pilot.

Same here. I cannot understand why anyone would question the desire to tow with this vehicle, or the HR-V. The HR-V was once an SUV, towing is expected, not the exception.

·
Registered
402 Posts
And they will. I have owned a couple of cars not recommended for towing and there was a couple of reputable companies making hitches for them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi all,
I am new to this forum and truly appreciate all the information that others have posted and discussed here. I like the comparisons made with other manufacturer competitive models as well. In reading the posts, I am still in search of answers for the following questions. Any input/discussion is welcomed. Thanks

1. What is the towing capacity (if any)? I am hoping to be able to use a hitch bike rack or even a small cargo carrier. No intentions to pull a boat or anything heavy. My assumption is that it will be similar to a civic which is not much at all.

2. The more recent Honda model TPMS systems do not show individual tire pressure readouts. Will the HR-V be the same or be updated to show individual readouts. I noticed in a recent (pre-embargo) 2016 Pilot review video, there was a screenshot of the TPMS system and it was showing 4 individual readouts. Its promising but not sure if the update made the HR-V.

4. Since all wheels will be 17-inch, is the upgraded wheel an accessory or an upgrade in the EX or EX-L trims?

5. Does anyone know if all trims will be wired for auto dimming rear view mirrors even though only the EX-L will actually come with one included? It would be great to have this as an accessory item.

6. Last but not least, just want to confirm that there is a real compact spare tire for the HR-V. I am so not a fan of the fix a flat kits that is going around other manufacturers these days.

Thanks all!!
u will probably get your answers if u contact your local dealership or Honda

·
Registered
20 Posts
I too have the desire to tow a small 900 lb tear drop trailer for camping but have been advised against towing anything with the HRV. My friend who tows a larger trailer says, "if you want to tow something buy 2x the towing capacity you need". It makes sense. As much as I want the little trailer I realize its just a dream. I want the transmission and brakes to last as long as they have in my 09 fit which is now over 110k.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts