Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
1,549 Posts
I bought the red housing ones today for my deep ocean pearl! Won't be installing them until early May after I move, but I'll be sure to report back with pics
Cool. I was set on these tail lights before I found out that they didn't have them in red in the US yet. I ended up going with the JDM tail lights after seeing Slippy Turtle's JDM tail lights thread.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought the red housing ones today for my deep ocean pearl! Won't be installing them until early May after I move, but I'll be sure to report back with pics
Well here it finally is
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Bumper

Had them on for almost two months now and I'm definitely happy with them. The install took me a while, but it was worth it.
The guys at Ikon Motorsport was very helpful for me.
They weren't so helpful with me, so I've decided to give some instructions on installing below...

the installation problem I had w/ the unknown red, black, and green wire. The instruction didn't show what to do w/ those wires.
On the inner lights, you want to tap the black into a ground wire. For mine, I chose to tap into the backup light grounds since they're right there.
As for the red, I tapped them into the license plate lights like slippyturtle did.

The green wires are the tricky ones. Tap both green wires to the ends of the red Y wire provided with the tail lights. Then what you need to do is remove the rear cargo and side trim like ddemetra. Once you do that, you can run the red Y wire up through the hatch body (or around the outside, just dont puncture it when you put the trim back on, I forgot to take a picture of what I'm talking about here). Pop the black rubber wire protector out, and run the wire through - I had to use a skewer to get it
Wire Electrical wiring Tire Auto part Cable

Run it down the hole, and you should see it dangling down with the side trim removed. You can then run it down to the driver side tail light.
Auto part Vehicle Trunk Automotive exterior Car

I couldn't figure out how to get the red wire through the black wire protector at this point, so I just fed it around.
Electrical wiring Wire Electrical supply Trunk Auto part

Tap the end of the red Y wire to the green wire of the driver's side tail light. And that's it! I initially wanted to tap the greens into the high mount brake light, but couldn't find the wire for it.

On the another note my tail lights collected some moisture inside... I drilled very small hole on top and bottom of each pieces (there are 4 pieces), and I haven't seen any moisture ever since. Maybe you might have to do that w/ yours.
I noticed some moisture in mine too, but only the second day after installation. Glad I didn't drill a hole in mine ;)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts