Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
OK, Jeff - you gotta promise to let us know this summer. I love it when Marketing says a new car will sell to the 20-something crowd, and then it turns out most of the buyers are boomers (Kia Soul, for example).

So after you've sold your first ten, you have to give us a demographic breakdown...

·
Registered
632 Posts
Jeff,
Thank you so much for posting this, it's super helpful and and I'm sure it'll answer tons of questions that people have.

However, all of this information without knowing the price is, as the wise profit Morissette said, like having "ten thousands spoons when all you need is a knife" ;)

Still great info to have, I'm sure I'll be watching it multiple times!!! :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, Jeff - you gotta promise to let us know this summer. I love it when Marketing says a new car will sell to the 20-something crowd, and then it turns out most of the buyers are boomers (Kia Soul, for example).

So after you've sold your first ten, you have to give us a demographic breakdown...
I will do ;)

·
Registered
255 Posts

That is the same thing that happened to the Element. One of the factors for discontinuing it was 40+ year-old buyers passing over the CR-V for the Element.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Wait a minute, in demographics it says "Mostly Female"!!!! As a 32 year old single MAN, I can't be seen in some "chickmobile" (scoff).... I guess I need to go get me that new Chevy Truck (grunt) that those commercials say I have to get to be a manly (muscle flex) sexy (grrrr) man for the all the ladies. I wonder what the demo. male/female split will actually be?

Also, I really like the section where Honda is breaking down the high and low points for the HR-V vs. the primary competition.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Awesome!

Thanks so much for this! This was the perfect intro to sitting in one at my dealership tomorrow morning! Now I will know all the features and various features for the different trims. Other than the leather and navigation themselves, I can't see many other features on the ex-L that make it stand out from the EX unless I'm missing something? I was hoping for power driver seat adjustments, but no luck it seems. Anyway, I'm very excited! As I was reading this I was thinking "Honda is inside my head!" with all of the ways they cater to my priorities with this vehicle. I'm straddling the Fit/CRV demographic. The CRV is not sporty enough for me, and the Fit is just a BIT too small for a 33 year old mom of one child and a 90 lb dog :) I'm excited to sit in it tomorrow!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Things I didn't know before this video;
1. DRL
2. LED brake lights
3. Seating dimensions (head, legs, etc)
4. curb weight
5.looks like infotainment system is the same as the Fit. (bummer for Android phones:()
6.rear heat vents

Thanks Jeff.
I filled in a lot of blanks on my comparision chart
Looks good on 'paper'

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yea, just a bit more standard content than I expected. That makes me think the starting price will be closer to $20K than $18K.

Seems to me somebody chose the content pretty well. Other than power seats, I'd say they hit the mark on everything, feature-wise. Just kind of sad that the gray interior is so restricted - not unique to Honda. The Soul restricts gray and won't even let you have a manual on the mid-level trim.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Great info, thanks for posting! Saw seller tips - wonder if we will hear any of those from our sales people. Let me finish that though for you..:D

lol.....they will. What is worse to me is those sales people who know less about the car than we do. :)

Thanks Jeff for providing this! It answered many of my questions.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Yea, just a bit more standard content than I expected. That makes me think the starting price will be closer to $20K than $18K.

Seems to me somebody chose the content pretty well. Other than power seats, I'd say they hit the mark on everything, feature-wise. Just kind of sad that the gray interior is so restricted - not unique to Honda. The Soul restricts gray and won't even let you have a manual on the mid-level trim.
I will disappointed too if it doesn't start below 20K.

Fortunately I prefer black interiors so that isn't a problem for me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol.....they will. What is worse to me is those sales people who know less about the car than we do. :)

Thanks Jeff for providing this! It answered many of my questions.
You're welcome. And it's common for customers to know more about a particular vehicle than us. specially when the enthusiasts come looking for a civic si. I usually just hang out with them and let them teach me about the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great info, thanks for posting! Saw seller tips - wonder if we will hear any of those from our sales people. Let me finish that though for you..:D
I tell them straight out don't try to "sell" me the car. I know what I want to know about it and want to know if it drives and rides like I want it too.

That is how I roll on almost every car purchase. Works great 99% of the time.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I will disappointed too if it doesn't start below 20K.

Fortunately I prefer black interiors so that isn't a problem for me.

I'm not going for the LX, but I think that one needs to fall below 20K for the others to be priced right. Otherwise I might as well go get something else.

I tell them straight out don't try to "sell" me the car. I know what I want to know about it and want to know if it drives and rides like I want it too.

That is how I roll on almost every car purchase. Works great 99% of the time.

That's how I was with my last car, I just thought it was funny to see the seller tips.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I'm not going for the LX, but I think that one needs to fall below 20K for the others to be priced right. Otherwise I might as well go get something else.

That's how I was with my last car, I just thought it was funny to see the seller tips.
They did leave out "Browbeat them until they think life as they know it will not continue if you don't buy this car TODAY!"

That is a good thing. :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks Jeff! That answered everything (except price). I think I also gained a few IQ points by listening to 12 minutes of classical music.

I'm concerned about front headroom. Without the moonroof, it's listed as 1" less headroom than my Vibe. I think that would probably be fine for me as I currently have about 2" of clearance. With the moonroof though it's a full 3" shorter. I think I'd have to drive with the moonroof open to fit in the car. :( I don't really need a moonroof, but it looks like it's standard on all models but the LX.

Legroom looks like it should be fine. Rear headroom (with or without moonroof) looks good.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts