Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
Don't the North American HR-V's come with the 'Pocket Light' above the charging points, and the blue down light that is located in the rear passenger light compartment? Both only come on witht he headlights.

Registered
Blue down/up* Lighter with headlights and interior lights both on.

Communication Device Mobile phone Automotive lighting Portable communications device Gadget

Blue down/up* Lighter with headlights on but interior lights off.

Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Amber Gas

For the first few months of ownership I did not notice the blue light as due to COVID restrictions and that it doesn't really get dark until around 2300 in the summer.

However, when I did notice it, it gave me quite a start to see a bluish white apparition in the rear view mirror! Fortunately it wasn't a 馃懟 but the blue light reflecting off a light coloured coat draped over the rear seat base!

I know the Skoda Yeti had 'Submarine' lighting in the front overhead light console. This was two red LEDs that shone directly down either side of the reading lights onto the transmission area. A lot of owners wanted to know how to disable it as they found it a distraction.

*Delete where applicable!

Registered
There's always the option to fit this;

Not sure how comprehensive the attached fitting instructions are if you decide (wisely) to go aftermarket.

Registered
Every day is a School Day!

You could try a bit of masking tape/blue tack, or rotate the 12V charger to block out the light shining in that direction. One annoyance I had with my VW based vehicle was the exterior lighting control panel, which was just above my right knee, would reflect directly into my wing mirror at night and there was absolutely hee-haw I could do about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts