Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WARNING: see post #15 in this thread, these messed up the power light on my aftermarket radio

I put USB LED lights into a 12V charger, I had dual port with one for my phone. I got these for $5 online. The lights give a good amount of light and the only problem was that the angle of the front 12V port pointed the light directly into the front passenger’s eyes but I solved that by folding down the 12V charger cover door just a bit to block the light. The last picture is from outside of the car and through the window tint.
Product Output device Gadget Electronic instrument Audio equipment
Automotive lighting Entertainment Gadget Font Sky
Automotive lighting Hood Car Vehicle Automotive design
Brown Sky Star Astronomical object Science

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wanted those two OEM accessories too but they only come in blue and I wanted white lights. Mine didn’t come with that aforementioned rear blue light either. These lights pictured are bright, too bright, when directly looking into them but not from the sides. That one in the front is blocked by the console for the driver’s view, so it’s not distracting at all but as said it’s directly into the passenger’s eyes unless covered by the little door. Anyway, I ordered that other kind, that point downward and have brightness adjustment, and will see how they work out. These are only a few dollars and easy to install, also easy to remove if it doesn’t work out.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, these are a lot better! I can change the color, dim it, it automatically turns off in the daytime and it points down instead of directly out and into my eyes. It does everything as advertised in those pictures.
Well, never mind, I drove it for the first time with these and the one in the front shines directly in the passenger (right) mirror and makes it look like a car is following me. The rear one works good though.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Please note at the link below, I had an issue with my (aftermarket) radio head unit after installing these light. I don't recommend them now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts