Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thread has fortunately since been removed, but I was alarmed when I logged in earlier this morning to find someone had the nerve to create a thread in reference to the situation in Baltimore. To make matters worse, several individuals, some who are the top posters on here, chimed in to mention they found the statement "funny". Yes, you read that correct, citizens of the U.S. actually finding humor in something like this.

I for one was first sadden by the thread, but then felts so sorry for those who found humor in it.

After I thought about it, it only reinforced many of their comments over the past several weeks. There are several new HRV Forums (just google them) for which I have found and leaving this one for now given the views and comments recently expressed by other, but the Baltimore thread/replies said more than anyone could imagine.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'm one of those that left a comment, intended to be funny, and I apologize with all sincerity. I can only offer this defense: I don't watch television, pay no attention to the news, and I had no idea of the situation in Baltimore... I assumed the OP's comments were complete fiction.

I'm truly sorry for participating in what was clearly a tasteless and heartless attempt at humour.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I thought at the time time, the thoughts being expressed were weird, not funny. So many were going along I kept my reaction to myself.
"and by their silence"

Even the OP predicted he might get censored . Go figure.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I beg to disagree, and as someone who dedicated 20 years of his life to defend freedom in America, I'm frankly appalled at this thread, not the original.

Dark humor makes you laugh, and then it makes you cringe for laughing. It defuses fear. Dr Strangeglove was dark humor directed at nuclear war. As the author of that rather self-deprecating thread, I laughed as I wrote, and then I cringed. But it was not racist. It was not hurtful. If you saw those things in it, then that came from your mind, not mine.

The thread was very relevant to this forum. In a self-deprecating manner, it pulled together my now-boring defense of the Kia Soul with our mutual impatience at the HRV's arrival date. And I set it in Baltimore. It was in fact funny - it made people laugh. And it was edgy, it made us all cringe. There's genuine value in both of those.

In the America I defended, we don't censor unless something is blatantly hurtful or discriminatory. Making us cringe doesn't qualify. We don't stifle voices that don't agree with us.

Shame on you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
please moderator delete this post too!

Althought I sympathize with the good intentions of an apology I say the dictatorship of the Moderators -a non democratically elected body who doesn't have to care about democracy, humor or freedom of speech- deletes this apology thread too before it becomes too crazy, it has nothing to do with the Honda HR-V and is a classic internet off-topic digression from the forum's objective

1st ammedement doesnt apply to internet forums, here is an example of why:
http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107226

·
Registered
4 Posts
don't need to go on....

and on ...

I was actually the 1st one to reply to the original thread -- but decided to cancel at the end...

As I was thinking to myself...

From a neutral point of view, it was possible of some 'light' humour .. (I am Canadian.)

But, I canceled my reply because I thought to myself this could also be viewed as ... How could you reference a disastrous event that is happening ... although, to be fair, no one knew how bad the situation in Baltimore has turned out to be ...

It may have been 'bad taste' humour ... but, it may have been misinterpreted and misunderstood. And you can't help it if people take the reference in the wrong way...

The OP merely stating the fact that some protest going on and it causes delay .. I am impatiently waiting each day, and waiting for the embargo to be lifted in the next day or so, but ... sadly also, HRV won't be available in Canada until July ...

OP only make light of the 'protest' ... and nothing more.

I don't follow much of the situation there ... and don't have a deep understanding of how worse it had gone on ... but, yeah, a guy in custody being dead is a very very bad thing.

There seems to be a lot of 'hate' in forums and 'I am right' attitude that I see all the time ...

That's my 2 cents ...

·
Registered
185 Posts
After I thought about it, it only reinforced many of their comments over the past several weeks. There are several new HRV Forums (just google them) for which I have found and leaving this one for now given the views and comments recently expressed by other, but the Baltimore thread/replies said more than anyone could imagine.
Actually I have found that everyone, including the people you are bashing here, has been VERY civil and well-mannered in this forum. It has been one of the most friendly and delightful forums I've ever participated in, if not the most, as I have yet to see a single post where someone isn't behaving in this way.

Until this thread of course. Which is probably as unnecessary as the one you are having a tantrum over, especially when it was already properly handled by admin before you even decided to create this one.

I will agree with you, though, that you need to take your drama elsewhere.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ok folks,the excitement is over, nothing to see here. Move along now.
God, I love cliches.
Sorry, I never know when to quit.

Also sorry for constat editing. My gramer an speling is atroshus

·
Registered
15 Posts
I come to this forum for car discussion, not political talk.
I do not care if someone was joking around or not, this is not a forum to get serious about politics, at least for me.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The thread has fortunately since been removed, but I was alarmed when I logged in earlier this morning to find someone had the nerve to create a thread in reference to the situation in Baltimore. To make matters worse, several individuals, some who are the top posters on here, chimed in to mention they found the statement "funny". Yes, you read that correct, citizens of the U.S. actually finding humor in something like this.

I for one was first sadden by the thread, but then felts so sorry for those who found humor in it.

HRV4ME, I for one will miss your frequent posts (threads).

·
Registered
118 Posts
users - over the past three or four weeks I have received several requests to delete posts due to derogatory comments to other users. At that time I made a post asking people to be respectful of each other. This forum is here to discuss the upcoming release of the HRV. Yesterday's post was deleted at the request of users. I read the thread and felt that since it had nothing to do with the HRV that is should be deleted. Simple as that. If you disagree with my opinion, that's fine.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Its true, what we should really be talking about is how the media stokes both sides into a rabid frenzy with camera's at the ready like armed voyeurs ready to capture the carnage. At least we can be certain that at least we have unity through fetish...

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
users - over the past three or four weeks I have received several requests to delete posts due to derogatory comments to other users. At that time I made a post asking people to be respectful of each other. This forum is here to discuss the upcoming release of the HRV. Yesterday's post was deleted at the request of users. I read the thread and felt that since it had nothing to do with the HRV that is should be deleted. Simple as that. If you disagree with my opinion, that's fine.
How about canning this one too? I haven't seen one post in this thread that has anything to do with the HR-V.

"Hurt feelings" should be handled privately.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts