Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking an LX thread would be very useful in the coming days. When the reviews come out,we can be pretty certain that there will be no reviews of that trim level. (Did not see one pic that looked like one at the Florida Event)

I am also asking that as cars appear at dealers and you see an LX, please photograph and examine the LX...... even if there are other levels there that your are personally more interested in.

Thanks!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'll be purchasing an LX because I usually like my cars to be clean - I rarely have any use for any additional gadgetry or conveniences other than the standard stuff offered. Although I do prefer an automatic over a manual.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I will make a video with a tour and all the features as soon as an LX comes onto our lot. Feel free to let me know any specifics you'd like me to include.
Cool.....I would like something that shows the ceiling height....probably difficult to show on film, but it is something I am very interested in.

A picture like this, only with the LX, would probably work very well.

·
Registered
615 Posts
It seems appropriate to make some sub forums on the different trim levels.

Do you guys think that people will tend towards getting the top trim level, or the lower trim level? What will the take rate be like?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems appropriate to make some sub forums on the different trim levels.

Do you guys think that people will tend towards getting the top trim level, or the lower trim level? What will the take rate be like?
Most people will tend toward the higher levels.
EX and EXL will be extensively covered in the upcoming reviews, so I don't know if it needs a separate thread. That's up to you , of course, if you would like to start one. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
EX and EXL will be extensively covered in the upcoming reviews, so I don't know if it needs a separate thread. That's up to you , of course, if you would like to start one. :)
I'm glad that most will gravitate towards the EX and EXL trims, as it means it won't be as difficult for people like me who want the LX to land one early.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will make a video with a tour and all the features as soon as an LX comes onto our lot. Feel free to let me know any specifics you'd like me to include.

Jeff......I forgot to ask......when an LX comes in, could you feel inside the fenders to see if there is the felt- like sound insulation as on the EX?

The Fit LX doesn't have it so I wonder if the HR-V LX will have it.

·
Registered
738 Posts
With that being said it will be good to keep a look out for reviews from TFL Car, Motortrend, Autoblog. I find those to be a good variation.

Can't wait for all the reviews to roll in.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With that being said it will be good to keep a look out for reviews from TFL Car, Motortrend, Autoblog. I find those to be a good variation.

Yes it is exciting! Do you think there were be LX reviews on the sites you mentioned? Would be nice if reviewers did the whole range.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yes it is exciting! Do you think there were be LX reviews on the sites you mentioned? Would be nice if reviewers did the whole range.
Doubtful there will be an LX review, I've never seen an CR-V LX review. The various publications won't do reviews of all trim levels because the will only likely get access to one vehicle to review (most likely a EX-L)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Doubtful there will be an LX review, I've never seen an CR-V LX review. The various publications won't do reviews of all trim levels because the will only likely get access to one vehicle to review (most likely a EX-L)

I agree.....

At the Florida Event, I did not see one picture or early review refer to the LX.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Agree. There are plenty of reviews at this point.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does anyone have any photos of the LX dash by chance? I've read there's a 5" screen. Are the radio functions controlled by touch or by knobs or a combination of both? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Does anyone have any photos of the LX dash by chance? I've read there's a 5" screen. Are the radio functions controlled by touch or by knobs or a combination of both? Thanks! :)
The LX does not have touch screen controls listed in their specifications. Which is one reason I'll be getting that trim.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The LX does not have touch screen controls listed in their specifications. Which is one reason I'll be getting that trim.
Oops, disregard that. I just looked at their specs more carefully, and they DO have a 5 inch touch screen for audio controls. However, the climate control is still operated via knobs.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yeah, looks and feels like one, but all functions on it are handled by the knob on the right and the various buttons. I presume the "screen" is there to allow for the backup camera to be displayed somewhere. This is a good video showing the 5" system in action....

1 - 20 of 98 Posts