Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to install waze in the android multimedia system? Tried the .apk file in the root folder via USB and the install button is grey (locked). Is anyone in the same page?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys. I am from Brazil too (bought a HR-V EXL) and Android programmer.

In "Honda HRV Brasil" (Facebook community) we dicovery the trick to access "Maintenance Mode" of multimedia system. Just press and hold the POWER + BRIGHTNESS + MENU (this last, is a touch button). In this interface is possible to active "Developer Mode" of Android.

Theoretically should be able to install APKs using the ADB utility from Android SDK, but when I plug one of the USBs on the PC, Windows not recognized the device (plug-n-play). I know that the multimedia system uses a NVidia Tegra processor, then I downloaded the Tegra Android Development Pack (4.0r1) and installed the "USB Tegra driver" but still not recognizing.

Anyone knows if there is a "service USB" in HR-V, as there is in the glove compartment of the Civic?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I'm from Natal, RN.

Obrigado pela dica... estou tentando conseguir o manual de manutenção com um conhecido na concessionária. Nele teria a localização dessas portas e tal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Enabling developer mode does not enable the installation of waze.

I have actually been unable to install any android application.

To install an app you need to download de apk (apk = android installation file), copy the apk to a pen drive and then use the file manager on the car system.

Every time I try to install something the installation begins and then fails.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any news about this? I discover a new hidden menu... when you enter in diag menu ( with POWER + BRIGHTNESS + MENU ) then if you press MENU for 7 sec, you get into a new hidden menu.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any news?

Hello guys, does anyone have any news on this? It's any way to startup the car unit as root from Android?

Regards,
Augusto.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yesterday got my car from dealership.. it had 4.0.4 Android but I wasn't able to install applications even when renaming files.

As last resort I did factory reset and it worked after that! Installed Waze and Spotify without any issues.

Now I got 2 updates pending from Honda App Center. I'm worried that if I install/update them it will disable app install again.

Anyone got experience with official updates after installing custom applications?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yesterday got my car from dealership.. it had 4.0.4 Android but I wasn't able to install applications even when renaming files.

As last resort I did factory reset and it worked after that! Installed Waze and Spotify without any issues.

Now I got 2 updates pending from Honda App Center. I'm worried that if I install/update them it will disable app install again.

Anyone got experience with official updates after installing custom applications?
Wow, please tell us how exactly you did all that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have EU version Head Unit which may be different from USA.

So this is like short guide:
  • Do factory reset for android
  • Enable install apps from unknown sources(android security settings)
  • Connect to wifi/wifi hotspot
  • Go to cmhonda.net with inbuilt browser
  • Download Honda Permissions 1.1 S_Mike and install it
  • Download Rotate Screen Orientation(set to always be landscape mode)
  • Download Waze
  • Download Spotify
  • Set up settings in Honda Permissions app(details in cmhonda.net tutorials)
  • Enjoy

More information at cmhonda.net and forum.xda-developers.com/general/security/honda-connect-android-t3179549

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can't find option to edit post so another double post :(

Before You download and install new app You need to delete old one(because they all got same name).

·
Registered
4 Posts
and the Canadian models :( why not love our beautiful country Honda?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts