Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Android phone it syncs up fine, play music, text. All is good. On my wife's Android Samsung 6 it will not display artist or title of song playing. Everything works OK in her 2013 civic. Done restarted phone and unsync and resync and no change. What else could fix it? We both used same app

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you ever figure out how to do this with your wife's phone? I can't get it to display artist or song either. I have an S5.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm not sure how to fix your problem but I know it has to do with the profile used for Bluetooth AVRCP. My guess is that the first android phone is more stock? I don't use android but I ran into a similar issue with my iPhone back on older civic 2012. I've heard other people have this problem with the S6 but it works fine with a Nexus phone. I would try different app combinations to see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
48 Posts
On my Android phone it syncs up fine, play music, text. All is good. On my wife's Android Samsung 6 it will not display artist or title of song playing. Everything works OK in her 2013 civic. Done restarted phone and unsync and resync and no change. What else could fix it? We both used same app
it's a combination of things I believe. I think it depends on what app you are using, and it also has to do with the bluetooth version of your phone if that is the correct term. For example for the longest time track info never displayed on my 2012 crv screen via spotify, but if I used a different app like google music or amazon music the track info would appear. When I got my current phone and still had the 2012 crv it would show the track info and now does in my HRV. It's a multitude of things, I would look into whatever app you are using and see if other users are having the same problem and if they are what they did to fix it

·
Registered
185 Posts
Using Samsung Note 3 running 5.0 Stock.
No Track Info displayed during Spotify, but only through Pandora & Samsungs remote Play Music app.
Spotify needs some love honda... please.. Otherwise I am going to buy those oranges(Apple).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I store all my music locally on my phone and use Maple because it has time stretching and pitch bending. HR-V plays it properly but certainly no meaningful interaction on the dash screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts