Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Interesting article. It seems to me that the reviewers were looking at other things than the ones I bought my HR-V for. More power would be nice, but I have not used full throttle yet, and my car does fine for me. I like the looks..it looks better to me than the other cars that were reviewed. Electronics change very quickly these days, and I admit that some computer interfaces are better…but this HR-V is much better than the car I had before it. It shows how much has changed in 5 or 6 years. Reliability and cost of ownership is very important to me, and I have not been disappointed yet. AWD is not important for most of the year, but it helps in snow. And I love the interior and it’s usefulness. It all depends on what you need, and the HR-V satisfies me

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have to agree with hikendan. I bought the HR-V mainly for the magic seats and storage. My last car was a Honda Fit. & I am addicted to that seat configuration. ;)The so called "weak " engine has not been an issue for me. The HR-V has never posed any problem driving in the mountains passes at high altitude. Prior to the Fit, I had a Subaru and I did notice a difference driving in Colorado snow without AWD capability. Yeah I could get snow tires, but realistically I don't want to store an extra set of tires or bother with changing them seasonally. I like the Kia Soul, but wanted AWD.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hum... all these reviews call the HR-V slow

Stand on the accelerator as hard as you want, but you’ll still be waiting, and waiting some more, for this thing to reach highway speeds while the CVT keeps the engine groaning at high rpm.
Exaggerate much, these folks?

But having the exact 2019 HR-V Touring as they used, I find its more than fast enough to rapidly merge into 70+ MPH traffic from a 25 mph 270 degree short ramp (I really hate this ramp), just by using the paddle shifter (which has been called useless in other reviews). You have to imagine a bridge over the highway, you start there, go into a tight 270 and have to finish merging BEFORE crossing under the bridge, cause there isn't enough room for the ramp to have its own lane. If you're curious: https://goo.gl/maps/xJKfAYbPTxNVJsFA9

I also have a supercharged, lowered Honda Fit... and that ramp has a maximum speed of about 35-40 mph before my tires (Continental EC DWS) start skidding out. And that means, due to the extra height/body roll of the HR-V, I can only maintain a lower speed going around and have to push harder to get up to speed... which I can do without feeling "its slow."

·
Registered
536 Posts
I don’t think it’s exaggeration at all. I consider the HRV to be extremely slow yet pretty much all like the others in this class. This will change in the next couple years when they all get the turbos just like the Kia and Hyundai.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Interesting article. It seems to me that the reviewers were looking at other things than the ones I bought my HR-V for. More power would be nice, but I have not used full throttle yet, and my car does fine for me. I like the looks..it looks better to me than the other cars that were reviewed. Electronics change very quickly these days, and I admit that some computer interfaces are better…but this HR-V is much better than the car I had before it. It shows how much has changed in 5 or 6 years. Reliability and cost of ownership is very important to me, and I have not been disappointed yet. AWD is not important for most of the year, but it helps in snow. And I love the interior and it’s usefulness. It all depends on what you need, and the HR-V satisfies me
Well said, compared to my 2008 Fusion I came from this car is pretty quick and looks like a space ship technology wise. I use every inch of the cargo room frequently and love the mileage when I don't.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts