Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Torque News - 2016 Honda HR-V formula for success: Less=More
http://www.torquenews.com/1574/2016-honda-hr-v-formula-success-lessmore
Less dead weight, less frame weight, less bounce per mile = exceptional ride, quiet and stability

Cars.com -
2016 Honda HR-V Does Passenger- and Cargo-Carrying Right
https://www.cars.com/articles/2016-...nger--and-cargo-carrying-right-1420680421113/
Subcompact SUVs offer an appealing blend of gas mileage, lower starting prices and fashionable looks, but some shoppers may dismiss them altogether, thinking they don't have enough room on the inside. That's true of some in the segment, but not the HR-V. Its space and versatility impress.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Another One For Today...

This link was posted under the Reviews section, but I know many people don't look there and instead just here in the General Discussion section so I thought it was worth adding, especially given the comments: :D

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-honda-hr-v-fwd-manual-instrumented-test-review

"Wider and stickier tires help the HR-V achieve 0.85 g of lateral grip on the skidpad, well above the Fit’s 0.78 g. On the road, the HR-V corners with a precision and balance that suggests the work was done by an engineer who cared more than the job required.

That is, compared to a segment that allows wide latitude for body roll, understeer, and general chassis apathy, the HR-V feels like a Volkswagen GTI of sorts.

This little Honda has mastered body control, whether you’re talking about handling or ride quality. It invokes some of the best Hondas, with ride quality that will be appreciated by the everyman and handling that can be enjoyed by enthusiasts. That’s why the HR-V, like the Fit, is one of the best Hondas on sale today."

·
Registered
211 Posts
Comparison Cars

When first reading this forum, the cars being compared to the HRV included the Crosstrex and others.. Now that is no long mentioned, instead the Renegade and the Nissan Juke. Well, I saw a Juke today - and I have to say (no offense Nissan, I generally really like your cars) it was ugly and very small. Also - it had the same rear door handles that the HRV has - so apparently that's not a Honda new idea! Why did the comparison cars change? Anyway, just makes me worry that it's going to be too small.. I guess we'll see.. maybe on the 15th.. The reviews are pretty good, although there are no "reliability" reviews - but I guess we either hope it's up to "Honda Standards" or wait.. Once we see the car we'll have a much better idea..

·
Registered
484 Posts
When first reading this forum, the cars being compared to the HRV included the Crosstrex and others.. Now that is no long mentioned, instead the Renegade and the Nissan Juke. Well, I saw a Juke today - and I have to say (no offense Nissan, I generally really like your cars) it was ugly and very small. Also - it had the same rear door handles that the HRV has - so apparently that's not a Honda new idea! Why did the comparison cars change? Anyway, just makes me worry that it's going to be too small.. I guess we'll see.. maybe on the 15th.. The reviews are pretty good, although there are no "reliability" reviews - but I guess we either hope it's up to "Honda Standards" or wait.. Once we see the car we'll have a much better idea..

My next door neighbor has a Juke. Looks pretty nice...I asked him what he thought about it after having it for a few months. The first words out of his mouth was that there was too little room inside...and backing out of his drive was a pain.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
That front end of the Juke. :(

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
They can call it whatever they want, but as others here and elsewhere have comment its more like cream/white and is too light. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
They call this color "gray", but it really looks like a creamy beige, huh? I don't think it looks good with the silver exterior, but I do like it with the white and blue. What do you think? I have a black interior now, and it shows every fleck of dust, etc. Since it's just usually me in my vehicle, I won't have any trouble keeping the lighter color clean. :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
The color of the gray cloth is much darker than the leather. I got to see the Honda color swatch book at a dealership in NY yesterday. They have the HR-V page now. The vehicle exterior swatches all looked darker than the photos so I suppose they need to be seen in sunlight.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The color of the gray cloth is much darker than the leather. I got to see the Honda color swatch book at a dealership in NY yesterday. They have the HR-V page now. The vehicle exterior swatches all looked darker than the photos so I suppose they need to be seen in sunlight.
I'm glad to hear that! I'm leaning heavily towards the EX.

·
Registered
6 Posts
These pictures do seem to read very cream online but I sat in the grey interior HRV last month at the NY auto show. The interior from what I recall is much darker but still the black interior looks a look more sleek, clean and upscale to me. Something throws me off about the grey.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts